Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 09:50 AM

Dreaded Virus

I have had this for 2 weeks now - I get moments where I think its clearing then I'm back to square one. In the past its gone on for 4 weeks.
I usually dose meself up with alternative remedies to 'avoid' catching it, but I was a bit lapse this time.
No energy and very tired. Its also affected my ears which is not good at all.
Is there anything you have tried to get you through it energy wise - any tips, greatly appreciated for me and others I'm sure
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 10:09 AM

Re: Dreaded Virus

Sorry to hear this Patsy
If I am ill I always try to make sure I am getting plenty of Vitamin C in the form of fresh fruit and vegetables to help my body heal itself .

I hope you are better soon
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 10:34 AM

Sorry to hear you are not well Patsy.
Have you tried the famous Chicken soup. If you put
a big onion and garlic in it and of course the chicken
it is supposed to make you feel better.
I don't really get virus illness and I think its because my
immune system is high because I have cats and used to
have rabbits and guinea pigs. They now say you should
kiss your dog as the germs you get from them keep your
system tuned up and you probably don't get as many illnesses.
Plenty of rest the house work will wait. Plenty of liquids
non alcoholic of course and as Meg mentioned plenty of veg
and fruit. Hope you feel better soon take care.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 10:41 AM

Take care Patsy they can be a right b****R to get rid of. All i can say is i hope it is soon gone.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 10:51 AM

Not good Patsy, I've had it for weeks and only just recovering, lost a bit of weight, terrible chest and weak as a kitten. Plenty of liquids and rest is all you can do ...... and loads of patience, I recently heard it's a 90 day thing..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 11:38 AM

Sorry to hear you haven't been well Patsy nothing helps more than a good diet with loads of vitamins and rest IMO.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I have had this for 2 weeks now - I get moments where I think its clearing then I'm back to square one. In the past its gone on for 4 weeks.
I usually dose meself up with alternative remedies to 'avoid' catching it, but I was a bit lapse this time.
No energy and very tired. Its also affected my ears which is not good at all.
Is there anything you have tried to get you through it energy wise - any tips, greatly appreciated for me and others I'm sure
That's what happens when you let your anti virus software get out of date, you've only yourself to blame.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 11:57 AM

Interestingly I seem to have stopped getting so many viruses since I wash my hands every time I come home, I think a lot of what I was catching was living on the hand rails up the stairs, so many hands touch them everyday the germiness must be quite high.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Take care Patsy they can be a right b****R to get rid of. All i can say is i hope it is soon gone.
These are my thoughts too Patsy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 02:29 PM

Yes - I guess if there was a magic potion, we'd all know about it.
I wash hands very frequently - the disadvantage of living here is the virus was rife and just getting in the lift is a hazard
Also you come from a warm flat into a freezer which is the laundry
Just have to keep going till its gone

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top