Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 06:46 PM

It's the hot weather wot brings them out

I've got all the windows wide open again but this afternoon after a hectic day yesterday and this morning felt very tired so decided to go for a doze.

I've just woke up to what sounded like a moped driving round my bedroom.
It was a massive bee that had come in through the open window.
Good grief I've never moved so fast out of bed

And when I say it was massive I'm sure it would have been able to carry off a sheep or small child and fly away.

There's very little left in my house after the flood clear out but I managed to find a vase and trap it underneath, and slide a cover from one of the few hardbacks I've got left underneath till I was able to direct it out of the window,and away into the sky, where it probably harressed a passing airliner.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 06:58 PM

Re: It's the hot weather wot brings them out

May have been this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-s-garden.html
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 07:00 PM

When I called at my friends after work yesterday she had her patio doors open and a bee flew in, she screamed her head off running round the room like a looney, it was so funny but oh boy that bee had to be the biggest I've ever seen in all my 57 years, I must have been a queen bee, luckily it flew back out!! Phew! Carry off a sheep or child? What the hell, now yours WAS big one LOL
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
May have been this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-s-garden.html
God, that is scary.

Our cats would be straight after it, but I'd be worried that they might be stung by it.

I'd have to get my wife to deal with it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 07:20 PM

Fascinating.

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Fascinating.

Aliens have landed. Urgh, I'd shat myself if I saw that.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:14 PM

Yes we also had one this morning and yesterday, Coco tried to hit it as it flew past us, but I quickly got her out of the way, as she did that 2 years ago and got stung, her paw was 3 times bigger then the other one.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
When I called at my friends after work yesterday she had her patio doors open and a bee flew in, she screamed her head off running round the room like a looney, it was so funny but oh boy that bee had to be the biggest I've ever seen in all my 57 years, I must have been a queen bee, luckily it flew back out!! Phew! Carry off a sheep or child? What the hell, now yours WAS big one LOL
Not as bad as a BAT that flew into our lounge when we had the kennels. Try getting rid of it took ages
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:45 PM

Hot...hot ...hot

fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Hot...hot ...hot

...and 'kin hot.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top