Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 12:33 PM

Could you live if.......?

If we lost all power , had no goverment to make the rules , money had no value, and the structure of our world as we knew it failed could you suvive?
Could you catch you own food. Grown your own fruit and veg? arm your self if needed. chop your wood to cook and keep warm.... No petrol, Live without electricity/gas/oil...
What survival skills do you have ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 12:50 PM

Re: Could you live if.......?

I love apocalyptic aftermath stories so having read so many I think I might give it a go, only things to avoid are other people and zombies according to the novels
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 12:53 PM

Thats why you would have to arm your self to protect your veg patch and supplies.... Could you do that ?
I have zombies now they are called neighbours !!! ;0)
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 12:59 PM

I think there would be a lot of violence, especially in a crowded country like ours - people would just take resources off each other and only the strongest would survive (and probably I would be too weak to survive if I had to fight). I might be able to do it if I was isolated and in a place with few people and where conditions were favourable to my survival. I could kill something to eat if I had to and could grow things probably and find my own shelter etc.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 02:50 PM

I would move in with Julie1962 as she seems to have all the bases covered

Failing that, yes, I'd probably do reasonablyish but I couldn't kill an animal and not sure what fish can be eaten. Rubbish on plants as well actually. Not sure about clean drinking water either, how to do that without sterilising tablets anyway. Never could get the hang of rubbing two sticks together to make a fire.

Nah, I'll join the zombies - they don't seem to need much to survive do they
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 03:10 PM

You would be welcome but I wouldn't be killing animals either I have been a veggie for too long to start eating meat again lol
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 05:05 PM

I think if it could be a team effort, myself and my husband, then we would have a reasonable chance of surviving.
My husband has done some hunting and fishing in years gone by and can gut and clean them too.
I can grow the veg and fruit.
Age would be against us when it comes to fighting to keep our food though, so we would have to befriend some strong men and bribe them with food to be our defenders
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 05:08 PM

I don't think you can ever go back when you know what technology etc is available. I remember when you could only get black and white TVs and we accepted it because there was nothing else. I accept what is available now and live my life accordingly. But then I only ever look forward I don't dwell on the past in any shape or form.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 05:20 PM

If the worst did happen you would have little choice, circumstances would have put you back and we would have to try to survive.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 05:25 PM

My problem would be food because I couldn't kill an animal ever but I woudn't want to be a veggie either. I think we would have to live in groups and everyone assigned a task. How would you grow veg even if you couldn't go to a shop and buy a packet of seeds.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top