Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 01:14 AM

initial impressions of video editing suite

This is about the Adobe Premier Elements14

Got home from a trip to the dentist and opened the parcel, which arrive just before I went out, with the video editing suit in it and put in the code which is all I had to do, I had already installed and updated the trial version.
Didn't feel in the mood to start studying it straight away, it is one of those that a quiet time in late evening for me is best.

Altering colour/vibrance/exposure etc is very easy as there are presets or sliders to make alterations. All one has to do is work on one frame in the video and the whole video changes to that setting. I have to admit i was very impressed on how easy it was, just like working on a stills photo.

so I pulled down another video of mine of a train ( from a copy, never work on the original) and had a go at trimming out bits.

So started late in the evening and had a better look as to what I needed to learn

First on the video was a load of rubbish, and in the middle a section where I had the camcorder pointing at a carriage floor. These things happen when distracted.

At last following the on line training video and also step by step instructions as I went along I managed it. Here again I was impressed how novices like me with editing are held by the hand so to speak.

That is about as far as i have got for tonight and more than likely forgotten by tomorrow. I didn't realise how long it takes to do editing, at least with this program. It is not doing the actual alterations which do take a bit of time it is the rendering (no I didn't know what that was either until I looked it up). AS far as I can make out in photographic terms it is converting the data back into picture form I think, may be wrong but!!!!

Overall my first novice impressions of the Adobe premier elements 14 are good and would recommend it to anyone trying to do the same thing. Cost of this as a stand alone disk ,you get one for windows and another for Mac and cost me £65 from Wex photographic. I didn't want the photo edting as I already have an earlier version which I am happy with for my needs
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 08:19 AM

Re: initial impressions of video editing suite

Hi Realspeed, I used Adobe Premiere all the time when I was working and I was always impressed with the professional quality results I obtained. It was so easy and logical to use, that I even managed to get 15yr olds editing competently within a few days.
As always, however, the best editing is done in camera. Nothing worse than trying to edit down 10 minutes from 10 hours of film.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 09:56 AM

Mick

I have used the 11 version of premier Elements very occassionally but what drew me to get Premier Elements 14 was the new inclusion of shake reduction.
With a camcorder on a tripod with a fluid head not is not really a problem, it is hand held and walking or doing pan. videos with a camcorder is my letdown to a certain extent.
If you have not seen my previous posts I did find a cute little gadget to help hold the camcorder steadier. It was a pistol grip costing well under £10
Seen below

This little gadget really works better than I expected with one hand on the grip and the other around the camcorder. With an arm extended It is hard to control a camcorder using the hand around the camcorder, but the grip makes all the difference.

Have to say I am leaning more towards video work and later on getting one of the big video recorders such in the Sony range, but have to get more into video work first
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 03:46 PM

I don't do much video editing, but you can adjust camera shake in Windows Moviemaker 2012, and it's free.

I have one of those hand grips for my Finepix camera, they are good.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top