Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 04:35 PM

Qandeel Baloch Honour Killing

I think the world seemed a better place when our own News didn't report on such countries as Pakistan ...

Qandeel Baloch: Pakistan social media celebrity 'killed by brother'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36814258

'No woman is safe'

Ms Baloch's murder was condemned by filmmaker Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, whose documentary A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness won an Oscar earlier this year.

"I really feel that no woman is safe in this country, until we start making examples of people, until we start sending men who kill women to jail, unless we literally say there will be no more killing and those who dare will spend the rest of their lives behind bars," she told the AFP news agency.
Read some of the tweets since ...

Qandeel Baloch's death takes Twitter by storm, Pakistan sees mixed reactions
http://www.business-standard.com/art...1600415_1.html

Do we want such mindsets to impose their views on all here? I certainly don't!
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 04:51 PM

Re: Qandeel Baloch Honour Killing

I don't it is particularly bad thing.

India has a staggering problem with acid attacks on women and rapes.

It often highlights these problems to their own goverment to act on these poor souls when they know the world is watching.

Even if it is a few. Also opens the way for campaigners.

Open ones mind to barbaric acts and not live in a cosy world.

You may not care. But I do:-/
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->

You may not care. But I do:-/
Not sure what you mean by inferring that I don't care? I care very much that the West should hold onto it's own values and not get swallowed up by the barbarism of the cultures of the Middle East.

We have to start fighting back and stating that we do not want this kind of behaviour anywhere near us and to put a stop to pandering to the very people who condone it.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Not sure what you mean by inferring that I don't care? I care very much that the West should hold onto it's own values and not get swallowed up by the barbarism of the cultures of the Middle East.

We have to start fighting back and stating that we do not want this kind of behaviour anywhere near us and to put a stop to pandering to the very people who condone it.
Apologies. I have travelled to Asia extensively and support a family in Bali. Your last line confused me a bit.
Goldielocks
Spain

16-07-2016, 05:08 PM

No nuance in the written word.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

16-07-2016, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Apologies. I have travelled to Asia extensively and support a family in Bali. Your last line confused me a bit.
I've edited it now so it makes more sense.
Goldielocks
Spain

16-07-2016, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by mkj ->
i've edited it now so it makes more sense.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 01:04 PM

Typical of the mentality. Don't dare let women be free and independent with their own opinions and lifestyle, kill them for bringing shame to the family.

Backward savages if you ask me.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Typical of the mentality. Don't dare let women be free and independent with their own opinions and lifestyle, kill them for bringing shame to the family.

Backward savages if you ask me.
I would agree Judd but individuals like us will make no difference. Where Pakistani's believe in honor killings they should be forced to denounce them before they are allowed to live in our country, and where they wont they should be deported back to their own. We should then include these barbaric acts in our news to discourage decent people doing any business with that country....... after all we believe in equality for all, so we should not trade with countries that don't. We can manage without anything that comes from Pakistan, but can they manage without the income it brings?
Girls who have refused arranged marriages have been killed here, but if they are residents of our country they must
be allowed the equality that all other women have here!
Goldielocks
Spain

17-07-2016, 02:42 PM

I only think people who have actually worked, lived and met with other nationalities should comment. I have worked and lived with different cultures.

There always seems to be superposition in members posts and not one of personal experience.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top