Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 08:46 AM

The cat !

Now I love cats used to have 5 so when a lady arrived outside our caravan in tears I was very sympathetic, her cat had been missing for a month and she had reports of sightings outside in the lane and wondered if we could all check out buildings etc. No problem and we found him under a disused van. All day Saturday I provided tuna for cat, tea and sandwiches for the lady and sat with her calling him for ages. No luck he hissed a bit but wouldn't come out. My husband suggested sending the dogs under to flush him out but lady was horrified, not sure her sense of humour was in sync with his

Anyway she went home at about 10pm leaving a cage in case he came out and we could catch him.

1am the cat got distressed and we had no sleep due to wailing from then until 7am, 8 am lady arrived back all fresh and refreshed apparently she slept really well

Repeat of Saturday tuna and tea etc, and 10am he gave up and finally came out and was caught, only for her to drop him as she put him in the cat box and off he went dashing under another van !

My husbands sense of humour seemed to die at that point he put the dogs on leads and went for a walk muttering.

2pm my sense of proportion left me and I was willing to get a broom and possibly beat the cat and the lady to death but I managed to refrain and by 4pm cat was finally in the box.

You'd think the lady would say thank you for your help and toddle off home now wouldn't you but no she then said I can't carry this cage home I need you to drive me, where do you live I asked only about an hour away she says sorry no I exclaim.

Felt a bit mean saying it at the time but really what a cheek !

Anyway we left to come home about 8 pm tired a bit fed up and wondering where our lovely weekend had gone and guess what we saw walking up the lane as we drove down it the flaming cat was back. We looked at each other and drove away swiftly
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 08:49 AM

Re: The cat !

Sounds like a weekend to remember Julie, or forget?...
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 08:52 AM

Could have been worse!
During the firemen's strike of 1978, the British Army had taken over emergency fire fighting and on 14 January they were called out by an elderly lady in South London to retrieve her cat which had become trapped up a tree. They arrived with impressive haste and soon discharged their duty. So grateful was the lady that she invited them all in for tea. Driving off later, with fond farewells completed, they ran over the cat and killed it.
Before anyone begins to shoot me down, I do know that this story is probably apocryphal.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 08:53 AM

Oh dear, what a shame your weekend was spoilt by a selfish cat and itīs selfish owner. Perhaps the cat doesnīt much like itīs owner.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Could have been worse!

Before anyone begins to shoot me down, I do know that this story is probably apocryphal.
No I remember that it actually happened. Was a bit sad but I have to admit if I had remembered it yesterday might have had a different end to the weekend, just joking before anyone jumps on me
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 09:04 AM

Julie, I would have been a bit concerned that this lady lived an hours drive away but knew where to look for her cat.
If what she said was true then the cat obviously didn't want to live where she did, and if she was telling lies I would be a little suspect of her motives!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

26-09-2016, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Julie, I would have been a bit concerned that this lady lived an hours drive away but knew where to look for her cat.
If what she said was true then the cat obviously didn't want to live where she did, and if she was telling lies I would be a little suspect of her motives!
It had an enormous white collar and box round it's neck a gps she said and she had been tracking it all month. I wold have worried it could strangle itself as if wasn't easy to get off.

Tbh I don't think it liked her at all, when we had cats wouldn't have taken days to get them out from under a caravan they would have come as soon as they felt safe.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It had an enormous white collar and box round it's neck a gps she said and she had been tracking it all month. I wold have worried it could strangle itself as if wasn't easy to get off.

Tbh I don't think it liked her at all, when we had cats wouldn't have taken days to get them out from under a caravan they would have come as soon as they felt safe.
When will people learn that you don't choose a cat, the cat chooses you.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 09:22 AM

She sounds like an Alien to me, GPS tracker on a cat!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 09:56 AM

Good trick to get sandwiches and tea! Perhaps it wasn't really her cat!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top