Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 11:35 AM

Detox or not?

When you go away for a break/holiday do you always ensure that there is wi-fi at your accommodation?

Or do you make a point of using the time out to have a complete break and detox from the internet, emails, online news, forums etc etc.?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 11:40 AM

Re: Detox or not?

I tend to dissappear for awhile. I live in a lovely location but get episodes of wanting to see what is going on.

Once I feel my hackles rising I tend to go away for a bit.

The Spanish are so chilled and friendly why get stressed.

We retired to have balance but get the interruptions of technology
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 11:43 AM

When the wife and me take breaks in the country Ruthio the only device we take is her mobile phone, that's the whole idea, to get away from the normal routine.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 11:59 AM

Where we go we can't even get tv. All we take are a collection of books and DVDs. If we want to use the phone we have to go into the nearest village.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 12:52 PM

I never use the Internet when i'm on holiday, I make the most of my time out and about.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
When you go away for a break/holiday do you always ensure that there is wi-fi at your accommodation?

Or do you make a point of using the time out to have a complete break and detox from the internet, emails, online news, forums etc etc.?
On the rare occasions my kids insist I take a holiday, I always ensure the place I am staying has a Wi-Fi.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 01:19 PM

I never worry about Wi-Fi or phones for that matter. I do however like watching News from the country I am in.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 02:11 PM

I don't have a smartphone with internet connection, I use my tablet for that.

I always leave it at home deliberately and just take my antique mobile!

But my family all take their iPads and smartphones, it drives me nuts!!

My sister insists she only takes her tablet to read books on...Yeah right!

Surely getting away means getting away, not taking all home contacts with you like luggage?

I was watching TV the other night about a London hotel.
When the King of Saudi and his retinue came to stay they brought 500 tons of luggage!!!!!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 02:34 PM

We only take the mobile , just to keep in touch with the family , so they know where we are.
Nice to just "Get away" IMO.
smile
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 05:02 PM

I never have the net when I'm away, I use a home pc here & have no net access on my phone.
Daughter does on both though & always has her i pad & phone with her & as she is the only person I go away with I put up with it. It can be useful some times though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top