Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2013, 10:39 PM

Queens Fund

The amount payed by the Tax payer to help support the Royal family etc, has gone up by around £5 million pounds for the next year, which is an increase of about 11% but their expenditure for 2012 dropped by .6%, which is great, so why should the amount that they get go up by 11%.
Now to be nit picking, but they also recevied £240 million from the property that they own.
I can see why there is so much bad feeling by some in the U K about supporting them and their life.
It would in my eyes have been the correct thing to have done by not giving them an increase, but if they needed more, (but i dont see why ), they could have taken it out of the money that they made from the property that they own.
judging by this , no wonder the U K is always going to be the haves and the have nots.
I like the Royals for what they do for the U K, but it makes it so much easier when they do not have to worry where the money for next months gas and Electicity is going to come from.
Everyone else in the U k has had to tighten their belts, and for some just to be £2 per week less than last year is a struggle. But as always it will be the rich that always benifit .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2013, 10:51 PM

Re: Queens Fund

Hello Norway, where did these statistics come from, in general, there are many numbers bandied about, without any justification of origin, numbers are great, but they need justification.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2013, 11:07 PM

The whole report can be read here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22003165
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2013, 11:23 PM

Hi Mags, read it, but it was just numbers again, and as a miniscule part of this machine, it really had no relevance, just numbers, my life or that of others will remain unaffected, so does it matter?.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2013, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Hi Mags, read it, but it was just numbers again, and as a miniscule part of this machine, it really had no relevance, just numbers, my life or that of others will remain unaffected, so does it matter?.
When you put it like that Paul, no it doesn't matter
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 12:34 AM

You should have a Queen like ours;as long as she doesn't visit she costs us absolutely nothing, lives overseas with her appalling children. Good value for a monarch.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-04-2013, 07:17 AM

Ofgem has fined SSE £10.5M for mis-selling, (source BBC) more numbers, did anyone see the cash change hands, or a print out of the transaction., and more importantly, what will the £10.5M now be used for.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 08:45 AM

If you take into account tax and monies they raise for causes and our country generally I think we get a good deal. A lot of the rise is earmarked for pay rises for the staff who have had frozen pay for several years. I don't begrudge them a rise just wish I could have one too !
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If you take into account tax and monies they raise for causes and our country generally I think we get a good deal. A lot of the rise is earmarked for pay rises for the staff who have had frozen pay for several years. I don't begrudge them a rise just wish I could have one too !
But they are getting £220 million from their estates so why should the Taxpayer subsidise them for any more.
It does seem to me from the replies, that the people of the U K are much better off than the press Makes out
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 03:02 PM

And they pay tax on much of that so making our country richer.

I hate the politics of envy and that is what happens often when people look at the royal family.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top