Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 06:20 PM

Itchy eye

This started when I woke up today. Only my left one but it's driving me bonkers.

Bought some Optrex drops, specifically for this condition, and I took an allergy tablet around 11am. No relief.

There is nothing in or around the eye to show for the itching. I'm presuming it's a bit of hayfever, but then again I am down my allotment every day. The right is having no symptoms at all.

Any ideas folks? Thanks. (Bit late now for nipping out to buy something else. I've stayed in since getting home earlier.)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 06:28 PM

Re: Itchy eye

I put a cool flannel on the offending eye - usually works
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 06:37 PM

I get dry eyes, I have to put warm cloth over them to stop hurting and special drops. It started with that feeling you said about. Could be that. If it persists go to the optician to get it checked. X
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I put a cool flannel on the offending eye - usually works
Yes, so do I Universal cure I think not much else you can do with eyes .... safely.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 07:15 PM

Itchy eye in this weather I would say its the pollen count as its so high, people who don't suffer from Heyfever normally, can have a few symptoms.

Only other thing is Conjunctivitis that also causes itchy eyes.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 07:19 PM

One of the nicest and most refreshing things you can do for your eyes is cut a few thin slices of fridge cold cucumber and place them over your eye lids for 10 mins of so, changing the pieces for fresher cooler pieces as the ones on your eyes warm up.

It's natural, it's easy and it works a treat.

If you get a mild infection in your eye then you can use optrex eye wash and add a couple of drops of fresh Goldenseal tincture in it to rinse the eye. Goldenseal is one of the few natural herbs you can use in the eye and it has great anti-bacterial qualities. I always use this unless I get a very acute infection in which case it's off to the Boots counter for Chloramphenical drops.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
This started when I woke up today. Only my left one but it's driving me bonkers.

There is nothing in or around the eye to show for the itching. I'm presuming it's a bit of hayfever, but then again I am down my allotment every day.
Very likely pollen 'landed' in that eye....use an eye bath or egg cup to bathe the eye with tepid water.

If it doesn't settle down it would need checking out.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 08:46 PM

Thanks people. I've heard of the cucumber remedy. Pats, I've bathed it so much (lots of splashing with cold water) I would have hoped all pollen had come out.

I'm going to sit here now then with a cold flannel and watch The Syndicate one eyed!

Ta all.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

30-06-2015, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
One of the nicest and most refreshing things you can do for your eyes is cut a few thin slices of fridge cold cucumber and place them over your eye lids for 10 mins of so, changing the pieces for fresher cooler pieces as the ones on your eyes warm up.

It's natural, it's easy and it works a treat.

If you get a mild infection in your eye then you can use optrex eye wash and add a couple of drops of fresh Goldenseal tincture in it to rinse the eye. Goldenseal is one of the few natural herbs you can use in the eye and it has great anti-bacterial qualities. I always use this unless I get a very acute infection in which case it's off to the Boots counter for Chloramphenical drops.
Thanks Realist...I've made a note of those remedies.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 10:21 PM

Hi Jazzi try Brolene eye drops available from the chemist this is what i use as i get itchy eyes every now and again it works for me.☺

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top