Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 10:30 PM

New operation for enlarged prostate.

I only found out about this today. A friend of ours was telling us about this new operation he's having on his prostate. .. I looked it up on the internet to get more information - it sounds too good to be true!
If you're fed up of getting out of bed for a Pee several times a night this could be just the thing.
Apparently it's done by laser and you're out of hospital a few hours later. It involves an insert that holds the prostate away from the bladder and returns everything to normal.

I said to Tony 'Do you want it done' & he wasn't interested. He only gets out of bed three time a night though - our friend has to visit the bathroom 7 or 8 times during the night. This op will make a big difference to him.

http://urolift.com/urolift-system/
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:11 PM

Re: New operation for enlarged prostate.

Thanks for that carol. ☺
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Thanks for that carol. ☺
Yes Carol and thanks from me.
I turned down a TURPS op on my enlarged P. because of the risks involved, but this looks like it is worth looking into.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:05 AM

There is more information here on the various treatments available here in the UK and something to consider...

In terms of the disadvantages, prostatic urethral lift implants are unlikely to provide permanent symptom relief in all cases. As it's a new procedure, the long-term outcomes are unknown and availability may be limited.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Prostat...Treatment.aspx
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:50 AM

I have been taking a natural supliment fpr the past 10 years. It stops the enlargement of the prostate and you urinate normally. Getting up at night to go to the bathroom once or twice.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I have been taking a natural supliment fpr the past 10 years. It stops the enlargement of the prostate and you urinate normally. Getting up at night to go to the bathroom once or twice.

Are you talking about Saw Palmetto by any chance?
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Are you talking about Saw Palmetto by any chance?
Yes, its a mixture of Saw Palmetto and Pumkin seed. Ten years ago I started to have real bad urges to go to the rest room. I did not want to take regular medicines and opted for these supliments. I take them twice a day and I feel great. Like everything else, one needs to take them everyday, if not, the prostate will worsen. Good thing about it is its natural with no side effects. I recommend it. These supliments lower the risk of cancer and prostate operations which are very painful and uncomfortable
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:05 AM

Interesting. I'm glad it has helped you Rodolfo.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

10-02-2016, 01:11 AM

Most men do not feel comfortable talking about their prostate problem All men begin to suffer after the age of 50. Its not something a man should ignore
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-02-2016, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Most men do not feel comfortable talking about their prostate problem All men begin to suffer after the age of 50. Its not something a man should ignore

Your absolutely right. A dear friend of mine had symptoms which he ignored for too long and finally was diagnosed with prostate cancer which has spread into his bones. It is horribly sad and I feel so very sorry for him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top