Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 11:51 AM

Depp and Heard's bizarre apology video

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-36069698 (follow link then click for video)

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard have released a stilted apology video for breaking Australia's strict biosecurity laws, bringing a bizarre end to the so-called "war on terrier".

In the scripted video, the actors describe Australia as a "wonderful island" and warn others to respect its laws.

Reaction on social media was swift and brutal, with many comparing the short film to Chinese or North Korean-style propaganda. Viewers were divided over Mr Depp's somewhat lacklustre performance.

"I've seen IS (so-called Islamic State) hostage videos with more joie de vivre than Johnny Depp's apology," said one Twitter user.

He's so fat and she's so young - what does she see in billionaire Johnny Depp .....
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 11:55 AM

Re: Depp and Heard's bizarre apology video

Im surprised he managed to keep a straight face.

Never heard a more insincere apology plus trying to turn it into an infomercial to warn others...

Pass the sick bucket!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 12:01 PM

I am guessing he isn't sorry just surprised his fame didn't get him what he wanted this time, someone actually said no to him !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Im surprised he managed to keep a straight face.

Never heard a more insincere apology plus trying to turn it into an infomercial to warn others...

Pass the sick bucket!
I agree Cass and it looks to me that he was definitely having difficulty keeping his face muscles under control
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 12:14 PM

Maybe he's just taking the pith?

Depp is a wonderful character actor......don't you think he could make it appear sincere.....if he really wanted to?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Maybe he's just taking the pith?

Depp is a wonderful character actor......don't you think he could make it appear sincere.....if he really wanted to?
That thought crossed my mind Terry not a very good advertisement for his acting abilities is it
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That thought crossed my mind Terry not a very good advertisement for his acting abilities is it
I don't think a 30s film of him showing his contempt for the Australian press, and those that leaked the story, will harm his career.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I don't think a 30s film (?) of him showing his contempt for the Australian press (?), and those that leaked the story(?), will harm his career.
Sorry Tpin, not with you.
Bit more detail ?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

18-04-2016, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Sorry Tpin, not with you.
Bit more detail ?
Sorry, 30 seconds.
It's obvious that he doesn't agree with what's happened or how it was handled.

It was a insincere apology that was obviously a part of the agreement with the courts and government officials.

An absolute farce which makes all concerned look rather pathetic.

I bet the judge asked for Depp's autograph, too.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 06:06 PM

I agree completely (but relax, it won't become a habit).

Something sucks when these deals can be made in secret instead of the whole thing being determined by a court.

The clip just reeked of insincerity and I would not be surprised if sometime down the track he/they say something like "Ha ha, we fooled ya "

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top