Join for free
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2016, 12:26 AM

Flat earth v the truth

How do religious sheep get around preparing their children for the real world ?
Must be difficult for Muslims /Jewish parents to continue brainwashing their offspring in the world of the internet etc .

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7451751.html

A family court judge told a father he was “unwise” to have taken his ultra-Orthodox Jewish children to a museum where images and exhibits depicted the theory of evolution.

Judge Judith Rowe made the remark in a judgment on a fraught custody dispute between a separated couple from the ultra-Orthodox Jewish Satmar sect, which regards belief in evolution as heretical.

The May 2015 decision, which has only now been published, was the third of four in a drawn-out case that highlighted the difficulties faced by religious communities like the Satmar if they encounter modern influences.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2016, 02:57 AM

Re: Flat earth v the truth

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
How do religious sheep get around preparing their children for the real world ?
Must be difficult for Muslims /Jewish parents to continue brainwashing their offspring in the world of the internet etc .......
Why single out "Muslim/Jewish" parents, Marmaduke (love that name ) ?

Many, many 'Christians' inflict equally mind-numbing crap on their unfortunate offspring.
Maybe not the wishy-washy, believe-what-you like CofE
but how about Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Christadelphians, all those rapidly-growing happy-clappy Charismatic Pentecostals - or even Roman Catholics for that matter ?

Comparative Religion should be taught in all schools - from an early age.
A broad overview of all major belief systems.
To at least offset, in part, the garbage spoon-fed to so many kids at home.

And it is hard to believe that the case you raise occurred in a British court.
Bloody sure it wouldn't happen in Australia (mate).
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2016, 09:42 AM

Hi

I find it amazing that so many Americans believe in Creationism, it is not confined to fundamentalist Muslims and Jews.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...eationism.html
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2016, 06:21 PM

Well no one asked me...but I wholeheartedly agree with this...

“That a judge could criticise a father for seeking to educate his children in line with the established scientific consensus, information they would have received had they attended any state school in the country, and then defend the attempts of their mother and their school to withhold such information from them, is appalling.”

I'd further add that Judge Judith Rowe is a dangerous plonker.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2016, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Well no one asked me...but I wholeheartedly agree with this...

“That a judge could criticise a father for seeking to educate his children in line with the established scientific consensus, information they would have received had they attended any state school in the country, and then defend the attempts of their mother and their school to withhold such information from them, is appalling.”

I'd further add that Judge Judith Rowe is a dangerous plonker.
Hi

Ruthio. could you please stop beating about the bush and just say what you mean.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2016, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Comparative Religion should be taught in all schools - from an early age.
I fully agree. That's what we did. And no punches should be pulled, no excuses given but, at the same time, no exaggeration. Tell it how it really is for each religion.
(I suppose the mention of compulsory circumcision or FGM would depend upon the age of the children!)
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2016, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Ruthio. could you please stop beating about the bush and just say what you mean.

I speak from the heart

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top