Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 02:37 PM

Decorating

yes its that time of year again when the paint brush comes out
and the cursing starts , so Yesterday Hubby decided to put the paint pad on the floor , and the dog sits on it , so her black tail turns white .

As if that was not enough hubby puts the paint pad on the floor again, this time he stands back to admire his work and stands on the pad , his nice new slippers are white now

Not so funny is the sheet he put down to protect the carpet didnt protect it and the paint pad soaked through it .
so I had to shampoo the carpet last night .

Today has been no better , hes up the ladder paint tray loaded in his hand , and he tilts it as hes painting and it all runs down his hand and up his sleeve

Hes a new hand at this ,can you tell ..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 02:40 PM

Re: Decorating

That's made me laugh Eliza apologies to him if that wasn't the response he expected I dread if my husband says lets decorate I know how it annoys him when he gets started and how he hates doing it, I keep putting it off saying it's not that bad, no one can see it anyway, but well he's getting that look again
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 02:47 PM

Hi

I quite like decorating, but I just cannot get on with paint pads, invention of the devil.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 03:06 PM

Poor lad send him down the pub where he can get some beer and sympathy.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 03:37 PM

it is indeed and I have been eying mine
I like to do a bit each year to stop it getting too much to do in one go.

I must qualify as the worlds messiest painter, I manage to get paint everywhere just opening the tin and stirring it
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 03:46 PM

I hate decorating, I'm afraid.

Large areas benefit from the use of a roller. Unfortunately, at least when I do it, the roller spatters paint all over adjacent areas.

I'm sure I must be doing something wrong. Too fast? Too much paint?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 04:06 PM

There must be something in the air as I bought a set of three paint brushes and a bottle of white spirit this morning
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
There must be something in the air as I bought a set of three paint brushes and a bottle of white spirit this morning
Hi

Three paint brushes and a bottle of white wine would have been better.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Three paint brushes and a bottle of white wine would have been better.
Yes, that would have been more interesting Swimmy
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
and the cursing starts , so Yesterday Hubby decided to put the paint pad on the floor , and the dog sits on it , so her black tail turns white .

As if that was not enough hubby puts the paint pad on the floor again, this time he stands back to admire his work and stands on the pad , his nice new slippers are white now

Not so funny is the sheet he put down to protect the carpet didnt protect it and the paint pad soaked through it .
so I had to shampoo the carpet last night .

Today has been no better , hes up the ladder paint tray loaded in his hand , and he tilts it as hes painting and it all runs down his hand and up his sleeve

Hes a new hand at this ,can you tell ..
Sounds like an episode from 'Some mothers do 'ave 'em'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top