Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 10:59 PM

Ben Fogle New lives in the wild

An American widow who lives alone in Cairo caring for her many animals .
A courageous woman.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 11:08 PM

Re: Ben Fogle New lives in the wild

Have recorded it to watch later
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 08:41 AM

Yes I watched it , a strong woman . Cairo is such a dirty place isn't it . Ben was saying how unsafe it is and the loss of tourism . I've never been and wouldn't want to go either . I did wonder how safe the lady was .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 09:48 AM

The Pyramids area is a nightmare! Mum and I were lucky enough to do this tour on a cruise stop over. However, the beggars made it impossible to enjoy the sights. As Mum waited near the coach, and the driver and armed police, I tried to get up close but was hampered by all of those who got in my way. Police on camels were forever chasing them away.

I did say before that when Mum wandered off peering down at her camera a group of people encircled her, so I grabbed her arm and pulled her away! She got indignant and asked why I'd done that but I had to tell her she had been targeted and was therefore unsafe.

One resident tried to ask if he could use our cameras to take photos, (of anyone in our group...we had a convoy of three coaches, if I remember correctly...three to four hours from the ship) and therefore get a 'tip' from us, but we had a resident guide in our group who did that for us.

In Cairo itself we just went into gifty type shops and had lunch in a nearby hotel.

Cairo was dirty, rough, and probably smelly, but I wouldn't have missed the opportunity of going for the world.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top