Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 02:53 PM

Amazon

I've got a bit of a problem with Amazon this morning.
Well, it's not exactly with Amazon, it is with the firm I boughyt off via Amazon.

I purchased some organic Neem oil but there was no instruction with it to tell me the dilution rate, not on ther bottle itself, nor the paperwork with it.
I know you mustn't use it neat, so needed to know this info.

I thought I'd give them a quick ring and ask, but there was no phone number on the invoice. I thought that was a bit odd.
There was also no address, which I thought even odder.

I googled the company and found out they are in Somerset.
Only problem is, the phone number given did not match the area code. It was a London number.

I then googled the number, and found out it is a number which can be 'bought'. It costs something like £3 p.w. to buy a London phone number!!

Some people do this to make it look like there is an important London outlet, but it means no such thing.

I was getting worried, and decided to get on to Amazon to sort it out. ~Turns out the pleasant girl I spoke to was in fact in the Caribbean! Strewth, you don't know where you're ringing half the time.

After explaining I was concerned about this company, they had no address, two email addresses, and a phone number that didn't match the locality address, she finally understood what I was saying, and thought it best for herself to email them and ask for an explanation.
She sent me a copy of her email, and now we are both awaiting a response.

Be interesting to see, won't it.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 03:04 PM

Re: Amazon

Whilst you are waiting Mups, there is a lot of info about dilution on Google. I was going to copy and paste but I'm not sure of you intentions with it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 03:14 PM

I agree with LD, if I'm not sure of anything at all I google it, nearly always find my answer there...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Whilst you are waiting Mups, there is a lot of info about dilution on Google. I was going to copy and paste but I'm not sure of you intentions with it.

Yes, I could have googled as you say dongles, but then I'd never known about this suspicious seller if I'd not tried to trakc them down and ask them direct?

If they are selling a product, they should know something about it IMO.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-07-2018, 04:59 PM

They both look very useful sites, thanks very much Omah.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I could have googled as you say dongles, but then I'd never known about this suspicious seller if I'd not tried to trakc them down and ask them direct?

If they are selling a product, they should know something about it IMO.
I agree Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-07-2018, 08:29 PM

I agree Mups.

Also, I think it's not only bad, bus also suspicious that there is no address or phone number on their invoice.
Suppose you needed to return something, how could you with no address?

They had an 2 email addresses, but one page it said 'co.uk' at the end, and on another page, it ended with '.com'.

Is that odd or not?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-07-2018, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Also, I think it's not only bad, bus also suspicious that there is no address or phone number on their invoice.
Suppose you needed to return something, how could you with no address?

They had an 2 email addresses, but one page it said 'co.uk' at the end, and on another page, it ended with '.com'.

Is that odd or not?
Let's hope she finds out. They are probably glad of getting tip offs like that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-07-2018, 08:42 PM

Let's hope she finds out. They are probably glad of getting tip offs like that.

I'll let you know the outcome when/if I hear back.

I seem to get in one scrape after another lately!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top