Join for free
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2012, 02:05 PM

White chapel

Is any one watching this. It's a little weird and a bit gory but the story lines are good and the acting excellent. Well I think so
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2012, 02:25 PM

Re: White chapel

Not heard of this. When is it on ?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2012, 02:45 PM

I haven't watched it either.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2012, 03:04 PM

It's on ITV1 on Monday evening at 9.00 pm. The plot is usually in two parts, the first part of the present story was last evening.

It's loosely based around the Jack the Ripper stories but set in present times. It's about an OCD detective trying to catch vicious killers. But be warned it's a bit gory. By the way the detective inspector is very attractive
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2012, 03:06 PM

This is good mall and I watched the previous series. Trouble is I have been watching the other side, the 3-part Protecting Our Chldren. That ended last night so I want to cach up on Whitechapel.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2012, 03:58 PM

Yes, I do like the programme..not sure about the 'effects' such as flickering gas street lamps, or gas lamps in one pub scene.. I read a book about Jack the Ripper, mainly because my grandmother had said that her father was questioned by the Bow Street Runners(?) at the time.
He was a high silk hat maker and carried a leather bag with the tools of his trade in it...he travelled to his shop in that district everyday but would see clients in their home.

If anyone is interested in a little reading about the ripper, here is a link:
http://www.rovinginsight.org/library...the-ripper.php
mesco m
manchester

14-02-2012, 05:22 PM

Yes, I do like the programme..not sure about the 'effects' such as flickering gas street lamps, or gas lamps in one pub scene.. I read a book about Jack the Ripper, mainly because my grandmother had said that her father was questioned by the Bow Street Runners(?) at the time.
He was a high silk hat maker and carried a leather bag with the tools of his trade in it...he travelled to his shop in that district everyday but would see clients in their home.

If anyone is interested in a little reading about the ripper, here is a link:
http://www.rovinginsight.org/library...the-ripper.php

That's very interesting. I have watched various programes theorising about who he could have been. He was a particularly vicious serial killer.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2012, 05:36 PM

Yes I saw it the first time around.....love it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top