Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 11:19 PM

Cataracts

Just over a week ago I had a cataract operation, and then this week I had the other eye done.
And its amazing. At the moment I aren't wearing glasses, I can see so well. But I do have to wear them for reading.
While I was out today I met a lady I haven't seen for a while and she said "you look so different, have you altered your hair"? I said no it was the same, and she kept on about how different I looked, so in the end I said "I aren't wearing my glasses". Then it dawned on her.
But I can't get used to not wearing them. I do have to see the optician in a month to have them tested and no doubt shall have to go back to wearing them for something.
But at the moment, I am free of my specs and its great.
Also I want to tell everyone if you need to have this operation don't worry about it, you don't feel much and it does so improve your eyesight.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 11:49 PM

Re: Cataracts

The very idea of me looking at a blade about to cut into my eyeball is more than enough to put me off from ever having this procedure, regardless of results.

I am just grateful I have no reason to have this done, because if I had to, it would never happen - at least not without giving me some very serious drugs first.

You are far braver than I am.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 12:12 AM

Me too Graham, anything to do with eyes makes me queezy!
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 12:15 AM

my OH had them done last year - the first op went really well and he was well pleased but the second eye didnt go well at all and he still cant really see out of it - hes going to have to go back and sort it out at some stage but he was very disappointed as the first eye went so well
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Welshie ->
my OH had them done last year - the first op went really well and he was well pleased but the second eye didnt go well at all and he still cant really see out of it - hes going to have to go back and sort it out at some stage but he was very disappointed as the first eye went so well

Exactly the same happened to my Mum when she had it done Welshie. It turned out that there was something wrong with the back of her eye, so just removing the cataract didn't work.
She was so upset because she was desperate to see properly again. I felt so sorry for her.

Sorry folks, didn't mean to be a wet blanket, I have a friend who it worked beautifully for, he was well pleased.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 12:35 AM

Hi Marion pleased to hear to all went well.

My Dad had both his cataracts removed by laser and the operations were a geat success and gave him years of improved eyesight.
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 12:35 AM

I have a white spot inside my pupil, which, mother always said was a birthmark, from birth, until my son had to go to moorfields eye clinic for a squint checkup 35 yrs ago , the doctor told me I had a pin point cataract, ............
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 06:39 AM

I've just had both my eyes done and the operation is not a problem. They numb your eye and you can't see what's happening to you so there's no need to be scared. I'm back to wearing glasses as the lens they put in your eye is only approximate and 'may' need slight correction from glasses. It's great to be able to see without looking through a thick fog.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I've just had both my eyes done and the operation is not a problem. They numb your eye and you can't see what's happening to you so there's no need to be scared.
It's great to be able to see without looking through a thick fog.
My hubby also had both eyes done with no problem.

He too is very pleased with the results.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 02:18 PM

My wife is due to have her one eye done we hope in May, she says it must be wonderful not to see fog. I do hope it all goes well, she loves to sew and knit also paints so it would be awful if anything went wrong .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top