Join for free
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 07:27 PM

How I can stop my macbook "correcting" my spelling?

Could someone tell me how I can stop my macbook "correcting" my spelling. It's driving me mad when I want to write things that it doesn't recognise!!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 10:07 PM

Re: How I can stop my macbook "correcting" my spelling?

Which program are you using?

If it's Safari, right click in the text input area (where you write your post) and go down to 'spelling and grammar' and uncheck the options you don't want
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 09:48 AM

I used to have a problem with my PC correcting the spelling even though
I know I am a really good speller.
Turns out it was on the American spell check and not the English one.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Could someone tell me how I can stop my macbook "correcting" my spelling. It's driving me mad when I want to write things that it doesn't recognise!!

Buy a proper computer?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 02:27 PM

After failing to get another program to run on my friend's Mac I would say sling it out and get a PC. No kidding. Downloading stuff on to the Mac and then moving it to applications and God knows what only to find out it won't run anyway is just ridiculous to me. Just don't like em and if you are a gamer then they stink.

Oh well that got rid of my frustrations for the day.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 02:33 PM

You can keep your security holes thanks - I am happy with my Mac

I used to be a die-hard PC fan and was anti mac - my main criticism was that because of it's then small user base it lacked developer support, but now it is the opposite, as a consumer PC it is extremely popular (mainly boosted thanks to their success with the iPhone and iPod). It is also the machine of choice for those in the creative, and now developer community - a larger percentage of coders use Macs, and in some circles, it's almost entirely Mac.

If you don't specifically 'need' a PC (you'd know if you did), I would always recommend a Mac.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 02:37 PM

Another Mac supporter here, I wouldn't even consider anything else
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
You can keep your security holes thanks - I am happy with my Mac

I used to be a die-hard PC fan and was anti mac - my main criticism was that because of it's then small user base it lacked developer support, but now it is the opposite, as a consumer PC it is extremely popular (mainly boosted thanks to their success with the iPhone and iPod). It is also the machine of choice for those in the creative, and now developer community - a larger percentage of coders use Macs, and in some circles, it's almost entirely Mac.

If you don't specifically 'need' a PC (you'd know if you did), I would always recommend a Mac.
Bah. I can't see what the attraction is at all. Just adds to the confusion if you hand one to someone brought up on the PC. The way the thing works just doesn't seem logical to me. If they made the download / install simpler it would help - maybe the latest has been improved - dunno - but the older ones are just plain nasty in that department.

They supposedly shine for graphics use and whatnot but with the amazing -and rapidly growing power of the PC - along with their easy upgrade-ability I would plumb for a PC every time. Just built myself a new un for peanuts and it flies. Quad core processor, with plenty of memory, so as long as the software is available I can't see how the Mac is a better buy? As much power as I have now for around £200 - and that includes a 22" Samsung monitor - full motherboard - processor - graphics card - hard drive - memory - DVD, plus case with power supply.

I have just blasted a load of monsters to bits and shot a shit load of aliens to boot. Awesome .
Ellijay
New Member!
Portsmouth, UK
Ellijay is female 

09-07-2014, 12:08 PM

Full instructions on dealing with autocorrect are here click this link

orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 06:19 PM

Thanks, I worked it out a while back

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top