Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 02:08 PM

Radio

Does anyone here still listen to Radio?
I have recently been setting my clock radio for 7am, to train myself to get up at a certain time each morning.
I am getting used to listening to a talk radio program and I am rather enjoying it. I haven't listened to the radio for years.....got TV, so why should I?

Well, I have gotten to appreciate it and love listening to it as I wake up. I wonder if others still listen to the radio.....especially in the morning when you wake......or any other time for that matter...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 02:10 PM

Re: Radio

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I have recently been setting my clock radio for 7am, to train myself to get up at a certain time each morning.
I am getting used to listening to a talk radio program and I am rather enjoying it. I haven't listened to the radio for years.....got TV, so why should I?

Well, I have gotten to appreciate it and love listening to it as I wake up. I wonder if others still listen to the radio.....especially in the morning when you wake......or any other time for that matter...
Yes. In the car. Usually local radio which for us is BBC Three Counties.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 02:11 PM

I still listen to radio ... of a night when the insomnia bites I can be seen sipping tea with my little trotter tapping along to a tune.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 02:14 PM

Yes all day in fact as i dont have a TV.

So Radio 4 talk and drama.

Radio 4ex drama, comedy, science,

LBC,politics, and social discussion,

Radio Newcastle, local news and sport.

Radio 6,best music by far.

to name a few.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 03:15 PM

I always listen to the pop quiz on Radio2, 10.30 a.m. every week day morning, if I am home & if I am in a car. If anyone rings or calls during that time when I am home, I ignore them.
I also have Heart on sometimes as well.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->

I listen to the 6am news on Radio 4 and The Archers at 7pm.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 03:22 PM

Yes,every day,it's the 2nd thing I do when I awake in the morning...Smooth Radio Scotland,fab' with a bit o' Glasgow banter...it's on now and Abba's belting out 'Dancing Queen'
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I listen to the 6am news on Radio 4 and The Archers at 7pm.
Good heavens, is that still running? I can remember when it started.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Good heavens, is that still running? I can remember when it started.
Yes it has been running all these years it started in 1951. I was a year old and sitting in my pram when it first came on. My parents were avid listeners, and so am I.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 04:14 PM

Yes I love Radio Scotland, never miss the Morning Phone In from 9-10am. I have it on in the car or the kitchen, wherever I am.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top