Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 11:23 PM

Celebrity Charity Quiz Shows

Don't know about anyone else, but I have had a belly full of Quiz Shows hijacked by celebs playing for charity. We now have celeb charity Tipping Point, and celeb Pointless with a "Pointless" £2500.00 jackpot for charity, the worlds gone mad.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 11:39 PM

Re: Celebrity Charity Quiz Shows

maybe the only way the charities make money these days.
Pointless is a bit mean with a £2500 jackpot shared between 2 charities, even supposing they get that far.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 12:28 AM

I don't watch them, I tend to think many of the quiz shows are fixed to enable them to win, it would be a poor show if they were playing for a charity and got nothing
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Don't know about anyone else, but I have had a belly full of Quiz Shows hijacked by celebs playing for charity. We now have celeb charity Tipping Point, and celeb Pointless with a "Pointless" £2500.00 jackpot for charity, the worlds gone mad.

I agree Spitty, there does seem rather a lot of it lately. There was also that one, (forgotten the name), with 'Mr. Chips and 'Say what you see' - you know the one. .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I don't watch them, I tend to think many of the quiz shows are fixed to enable them to win, it would be a poor show if they were playing for a charity and got nothing
I'll watch the Chase - no matter who's in it - celebs have lost, they're not very bright - and they are given a grand each for their chosen charity at the end of it
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree Spitty, there does seem rather a lot of it lately. There was also that one, (forgotten the name), with 'Mr. Chips and 'Say what you see' - you know the one. .
That was Catchphrase.

I don't mind the money going to charity, normal people I notice seem to spend their winnings on a holiday. I like it better when they are putting the money on a deposit for a house.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 10:52 AM

I don't mind some of these shows: Pointless and The Chase. I'm with Patsy on the latter. Bradley Walsh can be so funny.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top