Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 04:23 PM

Easy meal.

While I'm laid up with my fractured ankle I need some ideas for easy meals that Tony can manage to do without much help from me.

Already on our easy list are

Chips, fish (frozen) & peas.
Hotdogs with onions in bread roll.
Jacket potato, Ham, salad, crusty bread.
Bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes/beans.

I'm getting bored with these - it's not been too bad so far as I've had some lovely casseroles in my freezer that I froze a few weeks ago. They're all gone now and we're down to the above.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
(Please don't say Omlette because I don't like eggs)
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 04:28 PM

Re: Easy meal.

Pasta served with a tomato sauce which could be as simple as a can of chopped tomatoes with some herbs mixed in, then grated cheese on top?

But could you not make life easy for yourselves and buy prepared or semi-prepared meals till you're literally back on your feet?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Pasta served with a tomato sauce which could be as simple as a can of chopped tomatoes with some herbs mixed in, then grated cheese on top?

But could you not make life easy for yourselves and buy prepared or semi-prepared meals till you're literally back on your feet?
It's not just myself though it's Tony as well. He doesn't like pasta or cheese and he isn't willing to do us both something different.

I may have to resort to the ready prepared meals just to have a change & let him see to himself...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 04:40 PM

Frozen broad beans, new potatoes cooked and mixed with chopped bacon make a nice salad, or lightly fry aubergine slides and wrap around a little halloumi cheese, bake in a tomato sauce (jar is fine).
A flat bread wrapped around a sausage or cheese or many other fillings and baked is very easy too.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 04:45 PM

That's exactly what I was going to suggest dinahsmum!!!!!

How about...buy a ready cooked roasted chicken, cook some new potatoes cool them and chop them up and add mayonnaise to make potato salad, add chives if you have them... then just have chopped tomato with it, easy peasy!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 05:27 PM

Hi

Corned Beef Hash with an egg on top.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 05:37 PM

You seem to be making a meal out of a sore ankle Carol, surely you can cook-up a meal with one foot on a cushion
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It's not just myself though it's Tony as well. He doesn't like pasta or cheese and he isn't willing to do us both something different.

I may have to resort to the ready prepared meals just to have a change & let him see to himself...
Sounds to me as though the wrong person broke their ankle!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

17-05-2016, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Corned Beef Hash with an egg on top.
There are such a lot of different ways with corned beef hash.
How do you make it swimfeeders?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 05:55 PM

Hi

What I was thinking of Carol is for you to buy some ready made mash or root mash from Tescos, mix it with the corned beef and some peas and into the frying pan with it, just like bubble and squeak.

You can mix a tin of baked beans in as a difference if you wish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top