Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 05:03 PM

Togetherness.

Married couple's who go everywhere together - who don't have any interests/friends of their own.

I know a couple like this. They don't have/need/want any friends and their only son lives in France. They are absolutely devoted to each other.

One of them will die before the other.

How would the one left behind make his/her life even tolerable without any friends/family around?

It doesn't bear thinking about.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 05:08 PM

Re: Togetherness.

Oh my, how sad. It's all about love today.
Time to put up a new thread from me.
Hi Carol are you good today?
Sweetie x
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 05:14 PM

I agree Carol. It's not healthy, IMO, not to have outside friends or interests. And yes, upon the death of one of them, who will the surviving spouse turn to for comfort and support?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I agree Carol. It's not healthy, IMO, not to have outside friends or interests. And yes, upon the death of one of them, who will the surviving spouse turn to for comfort and support?
Jazzi....that's what families are for, we are blessed with wonderful children, their spouses and their children too.
When you have a good family then outside friends are nice but unimportant.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 05:34 PM

I consider myself to be extremely lucky. My wife and I are still devoted to each other after 54 years of marriage. We have a huge family which includes 8 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren. A great many close friends some of whom we met when our kids started school in the 60s. We all meet as often as possible through the year and on special occasions. As to friends being unimportant, I wonder if they feel the same about you Malcolm?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Married couple's who go everywhere together - who don't have any interests/friends of their own.

I know a couple like this. They don't have/need/want any friends and their only son lives in France. They are absolutely devoted to each other.

One of them will die before the other.

How would the one left behind make his/her life even tolerable without any friends/family around?

It doesn't bear thinking about.
My husband and I have always done our own thing as we are very different people; we don't have anything in common apart from our children. I don't think our marriage would have survived if we had lived in each other's pockets.

It is harder for my husband to do all he would like to do now, as due to the devastating brain damage he sustained after a subarachnoid haemorrhage in 2006 he is unable to drive, which curtails his activities. I do drive him to places from time to time, and so do our girls.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My husband and I have always done our own thing as we are very different people; we don't have anything in common apart from our children. I don't think our marriage would have survived if we had lived in each other's pockets.

It is harder for my husband to do all he would like to do now, as due to the devastating brain damage he sustained after a subarachnoid haemorrhage in 2006 he is unable to drive, which curtails his activities. I do drive him to places from time to time, and so do our girls.
Tarantula, Do you tell your husband that you love him?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->

So if it's only the children that you have in common, may I ask what made you stay together before the children existed? In fact, what made you marry even, if you were so different and had nothing whatsoever in common?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So if it's only the children that you have in common, may I ask what made you stay together before the children existed? In fact, what made you marry even, if you were so different and had nothing whatsoever in common?
Everybody knows that opposites can attract.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2016, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think we were fascinated by each other when we met, when he was nearly 18 and I was 15. He was highly intelligent and very different to any boy I had ever come across. I have now come to the conclusion he has Asperger's syndrome, like our grandson, they are so alike. He had never come across a girl like me before, my family was very different to anything he had encountered. As he came from the UK we only saw each other during school and university hols. My father had four daughters to dispose of and was happy to get rid of them to any guy with prospects! We married four years after we met, and put into practise the game plan we had set out before we married, much of it we have achieved. Although very different it is a marriage of equals, he doesn't treat me as the little woman, thank goodness! We suit each other and that is fine by us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top