Join for free
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 12:16 PM

The C Word

Watched this on my laptop in the early hours of this morning.

An adaptation of Lisa Lynch's candid account of her battle with cancer.

Sheridan Smith was brilliant in her portrayal.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 12:20 PM

Re: The C Word

Just my take-It`s cancer. A nobody `battles` for that could mean they lost.

Jenny did not lose-her body let her down.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 12:33 PM

Having been through it myself, I have helped a lot of others sufferers and most say they like to talk to me because I understand.
Thanks to the many new treatments, it is no longer the certain death sentence, it once was, but still too many die! It is a lonely illness so, if anybody has someone they know with cancer, talk to them about it. Plant the belief that 50% if cancer patients now survive, because that may give them the strength to fight this disease.
They were not hopeful when I had it, but my oncologist told me that my positive approach to it, in his opinion, is what helped me to survive.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 12:41 PM

Twink , your amazing .

I've lost friends and family to the big C , it broke my heart , but now I do feel that there are more and more ways of living with it and a better quality of life too .
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 12:54 PM

Stay positive. The last time I saw Jenny was my birthday,she was so pleased to see me. I cannot wait to come home and give you my presents. I rang the next day and she was still so positive.

In the early hours of the following morning I ignored the phone ringing-the police car and a wpc was not to be ignored. I can still see it. Cleo(my cat) mummy is not coming home. I also remember the young wpc-it was her first time to bring bad news-I`ve had the training but nothing prepares you for this.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Twink , your amazing .

I've lost friends and family to the big C , it broke my heart , but now I do feel that there are more and more ways of living with it and a better quality of life too .
My friend told them that she didn't want to go through more treatment because, having gone through Chemo they still found small tumours that it hadn't killed. We are very close so I said " Thats ok, I will keep my eye on your children while you just wait to die" ..... she then changed her mind and had further treatment ( I think mentioning that her kids needed her helped) and although the tumours haven't disappeared they have shrunk considerably.
There are new methods of treatment every couple of months, so she will keep on fighting in the hope they will find a cure. She wouldn't be able to do that if she was dead, so it is worth the fight!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 01:09 PM

The problem with calling it a battle or a fight is it leaves many wondering what they could have done better IMO I'm last one standing from our breast cancer ward, we kept in touch after we left. I can't claim I fought harder, battled more or prayed more as one numpty told me, all I did was present earlier, have a less invasive type of cancer and be very lucky.

Sometimes you need something to live for too as you just described twink. I said after last time no more chemo but now having grace if God forbid it came back I would have chemo again if it might help.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

20-03-2017, 01:19 PM

Julie I think people use the words fight or battle because they see cancer as an enemy, but I feel that everyone who has it does their best to beat it... not just those who survive.
The positive belief, that you can beat it, does help and I hope the day will come when everybody can.

Finding it early really does help, so I would suggest that everybody checks for lumps regularly, and if they find one, does something about it very fast!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 01:26 PM

Absolutely and not just lumps unusual discharge, bleeding, weight loss for no reason, lots of things to look for.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top