Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 06:47 AM

Roman Abramovich

The new Chelsea stadium has been put on hold as Roman Abramovich is refused an investors visa to the Uk

It's this the move of a piqued business man or there a more sinister motive i.e. that Putin is behind all this?

They are long time friends and Abramovich didn't make his fortune by playing football

He is a hard Russian business man Chelsea is merely an indulgence .

Could this have greater implications ?
What if all Russian investors moved their money from the Uk ?
The stock markek would go down and the London housing market might crash ?

How much influence does Russia have on the Uk economy ?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...tors-qr7dz6rx7

https://www.theguardian.com/football...stment-climate
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 08:21 AM

Re: Roman Abramovich

the UK govts are immersed in the flow offs of Russian business deals everyday of their lives but they also have a political life which maybe "get Putin"

I watched the stone interviews of Putin up close and personal and he is no spring chicken - he comes over as a smart guy with a good sense of humor and a love of his two married daughters and families - he maybe a family man!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 08:28 AM

I read somewhere he has a mistress that he spends most of his time with....but who knows one thing is sure he is not a man to make an enemy of....I wish our politicians realised that.

Have to admit house prices dropping in London might not be a bad thing....but what it would do to the banking system I have no idea. There would be much less money to lend that's for sure.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 08:34 AM

Hi

I find it amazing that we pick on Putin whilst holding out our hands to Saudi Arabians who fund Terrorist attacks here.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 08:38 AM

My thoughts entirely Swims .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 12:28 PM

hmmmm.... Russia and Saudi are good buddies these days. Putin & Salman signed multibillion arms deals last year.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 12:30 PM

By the way the London property market is bound to crash in the next few years. Tax changes in the buy to let market, an exodus of high end renters, a massive increase in tower block building projects and flushing out properties bought by laundered zillionaires will all contribute. Let's see what happens post-Brexit. The whole make up of the city has changed since the vote.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

01-06-2018, 01:20 PM

Out of interest do you live in London ?
I do think that the London property market is over valued but people will for reasons unknown to me or God want to live in London .
Will it crash who knows?
Property all around the south east is unacceptably high so if the London market goes down it will cause a ripple effect .
But owing to supply and demand there is always a shortage of houses .
People still have to live somewhere .
All the zillionaires aren't going to rush off and sell their properties the UK is still a relatively safe place to live .
For the moment at least .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-06-2018, 04:44 PM

I have to go there for work and it's completely changing very fast. Unfortunately not for the better. It no longer feels safe.

I think the plan is to seize property of suspected launderers and then sell it.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 11:45 PM

There's always a back door somewhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-44282099

The Russian-Jewish billionaire owner of Chelsea football club, Roman Abramovich, has flown to Tel Aviv after being found eligible for Israeli citizenship............

..............Mr Abramovich is worth $11.5bn (£8.6bn), according to Forbes magazine. The move could pay off financially as new Israeli citizens are exempt from paying tax on foreign income for 10 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top