Join for free
Page 140 of 1676 « First < 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 240 640 1140 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 01:00 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

“talking about money is vulgar” It sure is Spitty, it’s also embarrassing, the first night I took Phyllis out I was short three pence halfpenny to pay for the two of us into the cheap seats at the picture house, I was too embarrassed to ask her for it so I pretended I had a headache and asked her would she go for a walk instead, I added, just to be more convincing, that my mate had seen the film and told me it was crap. She was making a packet in the shirt factory on piece work at the time and to this day she never forgave the poor little apprentice for not asking her for the balance.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 08:25 PM

Well I’m off to warmer climes now, as the naughty mountaineer said on his deathbed.

The talk of Camels and the desert reminded me of the tale Uncle Davy told the big brother and me many years ago. He was a soldier in the British army stationed in Egypt at the time, he once said to us kids “Do you know lads that the sun never sets on the British empire?” to which the big brother replied “Is that because God doesn’t trust the Brits in the dark?” he got a smile and a little clip around the earhole for that old one, Uncle Davy was a proud soldier. Anyway he was in the Sahara desert one day on his assigned Camel (Issue No. C9777361123) when he decided to get off and stretch his legs, he wandered on about 50 yards from the Camel where there was a lone rock standing, suddenly a group of four large snakes came out of the sand and surrounded him, he leapt onto the six feet high rock and sat on top of it. The sun was getting hotter and his water canteen was almost empty, his revolver was in his haversack back on the Camel and he had to think fast. As he was well up on chemistry he knew that human urine was deadly poisonous to snakes, something in the ammonia I believe, then he had an idea, he relieved himself into his tin helmet, took his lanyard from his shoulder, unraveled it and attached it to the helmet, he then lowered it down to the snakes who gulped it all down, fifteen minutes later they were all dead. He then walked calmly back to his Camel and humped it back to barracks.

A rock in the desert stands lonely and unsung
Battered by sand storms and tough Camel dung
Eaten by ants and rotten at the base
Pissed on by soldiers and all of their mates.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 11:18 PM

Ah I see it started off as "piss the rock" and then turned into "piss off"
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 11:30 PM

Hello,playmates!

had anyone noticed I was missing?
[he asked,hopefully but despairingly...]
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 11:44 PM

Of course Puglet, some are obvious by their absence, some are absent by their obviousness.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Ah I see it started off as "piss the rock" and then turned into "piss off"
yes we were just talking about people "pissing off the rock" or just "pissing off"

some people just keep pissing us off and other just keep pissing off??

'ang on I just need to take a leak!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 09:08 AM

Don't take a Leek what ever you do, such expansionism would be most painful.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Hello,playmates!

had anyone noticed I was missing?
[he asked,hopefully but despairingly...]
Of course we did. I guess I thought you were standing back for a bit. Bit of what I don't know. Are you rested.

I thought of a quotation from Henry David Thoreau cos you mentioned despairingly, but I just looked it up & he actually said Desperation.
This is it..........

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, and go to the grave with the song still in them."

Maybe worth looking at it in context.

But then again What do I know?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
yes we were just talking about people "pissing off the rock" or just "pissing off"

some people just keep pissing us off and other just keep pissing off??

'ang on I just need to take a leak!
Urinating or Micturation............. nah, these words just don't have the same clout do they?

Morning all. Evening to Gummy.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

29-11-2016, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Urinating or Micturation............. nah, these words just don't have the same clout do they?

Morning all. Evening to Gummy.
oh you sweet angel you - you're like a breath of fresh air in a fetid jungle swamp! - conrad in heart of the jungle! 1901

Page 140 of 1676 « First < 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 240 640 1140 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top