Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 05:40 PM

Re: More than 40,000 disabled people have had their benefits docked since 2012

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Do we know the figures?
According to government estimates, 0.7% of those claiming benefits are claiming (to some degree) fraudulently. As I said - a tiny minority - 7 people out of every 1000 claiming. I would agree that even one person fraudulently claiming is unacceptable, BUT, as I said earlier it is a very strange priority for the government and the media to be chasing after £1.3Billion p.a. of benefit fraud, when the rich are getting away with £34 Billion p.a. - and that is before you even start to look at the huge scale of tax avoidance by corporations (Amazon, Starbucks etc etc). It's like the police ignoring armed bank robberies and instead prioritising kids nicking penny sweets from the corner shop.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
According to government estimates, 0.7% of those claiming benefits are claiming (to some degree) fraudulently. As I said - a tiny minority - 7 people out of every 1000 claiming. I would agree that even one person fraudulently claiming is unacceptable, BUT, as I said earlier it is a very strange priority for the government and the media to be chasing after £1.3Billion p.a. of benefit fraud, when the rich are getting away with £34 Billion p.a. - and that is before you even start to look at the huge scale of tax avoidance by corporations (Amazon, Starbucks etc etc). It's like the police ignoring armed bank robberies and instead prioritising kids nicking penny sweets from the corner shop.
I agree.....that tax avoidance is at an unacceptable level but, at least they are paying some. No excuses, it's not right but, in the eyes of the law most are making the best of a bad system...nothing illegal.

I personally think the level of benefit fraud is much higher, especially those on JSA(or whatever its called)and IS.

All those scamming the system(Benefits, Tax, VAT etc)should be prosecuted....wherever a crime is detected.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 05:57 PM

Tax avoidance. They have worked for that money (I hope). Give it to the government so they can give it to the spongers.
Yea right.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I agree.....that tax avoidance is at an unacceptable level but, at least they are paying some. No excuses, it's not right but, in the eyes of the law most are making the best of a bad system...nothing illegal.

I personally think the level of benefit fraud is much higher, especially those on JSA(or whatever its called)and IS.

All those scamming the system(Benefits, Tax, VAT etc)should be prosecuted....wherever a crime is detected.

So why are there many more fraud investigators in the DWP than HMRC???

In fact the 'nasty party' took investigators away from HMRC and gave them over to DWP - why???
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So why are there many more fraud investigators in the DWP than HMRC???

In fact the 'nasty party' took investigators away from HMRC and gave them over to DWP - why???
How the hell do I know....were these the questions I've been waiting for?

If so, it's a bit of an anti-climax.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Tax avoidance. They have worked for that money (I hope). Give it to the government so they can give it to the spongers.
Yea right.
I worked incredibly hard for my money my whole life and have never claimed a penny in benefits. I had no choice about paying tax (being on PAYE) so why should the rich have that choice?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

20-02-2017, 07:07 PM

It shouldn't be a "them" and "us" issue.

I'm sure most of the new rich worked just as hard as you, I and others....maybe Tax incentives prevent the cash going offshore..BVI's for example.

I'd rather they paid some than none.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I worked incredibly hard for my money my whole life and have never claimed a penny in benefits. I had no choice about paying tax (being on PAYE) so why should the rich have that choice?
Because they pay tax accountants to deal with all that for them.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Belive it or not, they were, until the stupid DWP privatised the assessment system and handed it over to ATOS and we all know what a 'pig's ear' ATOS made of that don't we???
So far as I'm aware , ATOS ,a European IT services company with offices in France and Germany, were engaged due to the EU Disability Strategy. More control from Europe ! If we were part of Europe we have to do as we are told. As we are still part of Europe we are still having to do as we are told. by Europe. To blame our Government for every inch of something we don't agree with, is probably due to ignorance rather than reasons being examined.
Our whole UK strategy has been directed to inclusion into Europe including EU strategy for Prisons, Education, Health, Benefits, Tax and a whole lot more.
Fortunately , we are going to leave Europe and will in future be able to make a lot more of our own decisions. without interference .

I doubt that overall there are so many who indiscriminately or illegally claim disabilities they are not entitled too. There will always be some who do, and some who get a lot more than others, but to penalise the majority for the sake of the minority, is in this situation,somewhat unfair and in some cases a tragedy.

We now have Maximus which is an American Global company dealing with such things. No wonder it was motioned and acted on, that all our medical records were to be shared. USA will have a lot of information about us. Unless we applied to be excluded from having our medical details shared.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 09:41 PM

I was just wondering if the amount of benefit fraud they have uncovered even pays for the machinery they put in place to catch them ? If it's about saving money I'm not sure it's well thought out.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top