Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 12:23 PM

Re: Broadband Suppliers

Originally Posted by Meg ->
What pees me off with Broadband suppliers is out here in the countryside we can only get 2.5 mbits so regardless of what provider we choose (if they are available at all) the speed will not improve but we are charged the same as those people who have much higher achievable speed
I agree and another thing that pees me off is that when something goes wrong, it's my fault: 'Have you done this? Have you done that? Have you typed the address correctly? etc.

Judd. Avoid TalkTalk.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 12:42 PM

They probably need to ask those questions to make sure it won't be something that could have been sorted out by the customer. Not everyone will have already tried the steps they ask for.

VM always ask me to reboot the modem/router if I phone about a fault. I will have already done this before phoning but I'll do it again if they ask me to. The fault can very often be sorted out at their end after they monitor the rebooting procedure, take their readings and do whatever they do.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 06:45 PM

Well I've done it. Managed to get a BB only package from Virgin and saved meself twenty-five quid a month into the bargain.

Thanks for everyone's input.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2017, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Well I've done it. Managed to get a BB only package from Virgin and saved meself twenty-five quid a month into the bargain.

Thanks for everyone's input.
VM are putting their BB prices up again in November , a whopping £2.99 a month, I dont know how they can justify it .
Mine will be £46.73 and thats for BB only,if I drop down to a lower price I probably wont be able to load videos.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2017, 11:38 PM

That's pretty steep Eliza. Up here I'm paying £32.65 per month to Virgin - BB only, with an average download speed of 90Mbs and an upload of 6Mbs. That is also subject to the price increase of £2.99.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 08:23 AM

Twenty years with ClaraNet at £23 per month with up to 15M (seen the thread for my modem enquiry)
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 06:30 PM

I started this year with VM Broadband, plus VM telephone, plus VM TV.

I cabled all of the TV to all the rooms & bedrooms round the house.

Then, In the Early summer I decided to get into a better negotiating position, with VM, without running the risk of being completely shut down if I felt I had to threaten to leave.

So what I did next was to put a Freeview Aerial in the loft and I coupled that in to the cabling to all the bedrooms etc.

Works fine and gives options for those who want to watch different programs in whatever room they are in. I think Freeview gives me well over a hundred channels. Note that most of those Freeview channels are exactly the same as what VM pumps in.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 07:41 PM

That's pretty steep Eliza. Up here I'm paying £32.65 per month to Virgin - BB only, with an average download speed of 90Mbs and an upload of 6Mbs. That is also subject to the price increase of £2.99.
This is what I get for my money Judd.......

""Your speed boost is complete!

Your connection speed is now up to 200Mbps.

We've upgraded your speed so you can enjoy more of what you love to do online ""

I like to watch Youtube and Tv on my Laptop, also load my videos onto youtube .
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 07:42 PM

Thanks for you input everyone. As it is, unless I can get a large reduction from VM I will be giving PlusNet a call. It will mean having a new line put in (fibre) the cost of which isn't too bad but I reckon with the savings I'll make it will be worth it in the long run. Have been with VM (NTL) for nigh on twenty years and get nothing for loyalty.
Take a look at Uswitch or Google Best of whatever you're looking for.

I threatened to leave Virgin some time ago and they bettered the price.
Don't think you can fault the BB, so maybe dropping everything you don't want off the package might be your answer.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I think Freeview gives me well over a hundred channels. Note that most of those Freeview channels are exactly the same as what VM pumps in.
Certainly, Freeview has many channels, but to be perfectly honest I find most of them to be crap.

Many are shopping channels of various descriptions, then there are the children's channels and, of course, the many sex channels beloved of certain people.

The rest are mostly repeats!

I watch no more than eight or nine of the hundreds.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top