Join for free
Page 95 of 190 « First < 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 12:08 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Fraid there is no other way Twink, it's running or nothing........
And how do I Know that my decline in performance is not totally down to the ageing process? And is it something I can address?......
Maybe if I left a hot drink and a tasty treat at the end of your run, a bit like your own personal cafe, it would help.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Having a runner in the family I know exactly how you feel Foxy, but it doesn't stop me worrying about her. It's got to the stage where she doesn't tell me when she has a biggy! Same as I tell her, just don't overdo it!
True Val, us long distance runners do tend to worry our loved ones, especially when you've had a couple of heart attacks. I've been banned from doing any sort of competitive run these days by Mrs Fox and us Daughter.....That's not to say I won't do another one. The Bridlington Half looks good for this year, it's reasonably flatish and it's one of my favourites, but after having a good record of Half Marathon's I don't really want to go out and make a fool of myself......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Don't worry about Your age Bob,I had a Friend who went jogging every morning right into His 80s,He and His Wife retired to Spain a few years ago,but I can imagine Him still running along that beach every Morn' and enjoying every minute of it..so I guess..as long as it's still enjoyable..then keep on keeping on
Absolutely right May, if you're sensible and don't expect Mo Farrar type results there is no reason why I won't be able to jog to my own funeral [when I'm 95] Being sensible is the hard part....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-06-2017, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Maybe if I left a hot drink and a tasty treat at the end of your run, a bit like your own personal cafe, it would help.
You certainly know how to tempt a bloke like me Twink....I would run five hundred miles.......I might be a bit tired when I arrived Twink, could I crash on your sofa????
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-06-2017, 11:40 AM

In my quiet little cul-de-sac you might not see another person all day. It's so quiet and peaceful that once Mrs Fox has left the house it provides perfect conditions for writing a blog........But not this morning.....There are half a dozen big beefy blokes in Hi Viz jackets digging up the road. Diggers, Lorries and Trailers have filled the street. I've got an appointment soon with Kevin the Physio and looks like it's going to have to be the bus, no chance of getting the motor out......

Hows running going I hear you ask?

Had to attend an inquest early on Tuesday morning concerning FIL's recent demise, so there was no time for an early morning run, so I went around midday. It was very warm and it turned out to be a run from hell! Just six miles and it felt like the last six miles of the hardest marathon I've ever done. How I managed to get home without walking I'll never know.

So I approached this morning's run with some intrepidation. Had I arrived at the finishing post of forty years of running? Would I [like Jim Fixx] end up struggling for breath laid on some remote country verge while my heart made it's last failing beats?....

Not on your Nellie!..... I went off at a very steady pace and had the best run of the year.........What a difference a day makes....Oh....and a sensible pace......
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 12:37 PM

You certainly know how to tempt a bloke like me Twink....I would run five hundred miles.......I might be a bit tired when I arrived Twink, could I crash on your sofa????
Course you can, anytime Foxy!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-06-2017, 04:50 PM

The scene in the street this morning....

And this is my gate.....

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

15-06-2017, 04:54 PM

I see Mrs Fox decided on the barricade colour.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-06-2017, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I see Mrs Fox decided on the barricade colour.
Yes what a surprise Twink, I think the workmen must be gay......But I don't think I'll ask them.....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

16-06-2017, 07:56 AM

Yes what a surprise Twink, I think the workmen must be gay......But I don't think I'll ask them.....
No I wouldn't..,. especially if you are going out running in a skimpy pair of shorts.

Page 95 of 190 « First < 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top