Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:44 PM

Re: Do You Ever Feel Like Running Away?

Mrs Fox and me had only been married a few years when we had an argument. I drove off with the intention of never coming back. I got as far as Sherwood Forest and spent the night in my car writing a long letter to her. It was my birthday next day.

The morning arrived and I drove to our house early in the morning to post the letter, but as I was driving away she must have heard the letterbox rattle and when I looked in the mirror she was running behind me in her dressing gown and crying. I stopped, and the rest is history......
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think Tpin has already gone without you gasman, haven't seen him for days.

You don't think he has been taken by Aliens, do you?
He is a multi millionaire and lives on his 300 foot yacht in the Bahamas.
Aliens wouldn't be able to understand his accent
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You should read 'The incredible journey of Harold Fry' by Rachel Joyce, unless you've already read it Ruthio......

Harold went to post a letter in the postbox at the end of the street and decided to walk to the next one, and the next one, until he found himself walking the length of the country in just a pair of deck shoes.....His story is very interesting with a twist at the end....
I liked the sound of that, reminded me of Tom Hanks in whatever film it was (memory gone again ). So just Googled it and read what happened at the end
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:47 PM

Mrs Fox and me had only been married a few years when we had an argument. I drove off with the intention of never coming back. I got as far as Sherwood Forest and spent the night in my car writing a long letter to her. It was my birthday next day.

The morning arrived and I drove to our house early in the morning to post the letter, but as I was driving away she must have heard the letterbox rattle and when I looked in the mirror she was running behind me in her dressing gown and crying. I stopped, and the rest is history......
.... awww ... that's just like something out of a film Bob .... brought tears to my eyes
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:49 PM

Aaah, I love a happy ending Foxy. So glad you stopped.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
.... awww ... that's just like something out of a film Bob .... brought tears to my eyes
Ooooh, I missed OGF's post.... just read it and .... then
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
He is a multi millionaire and lives on his 300 foot yacht in the Bahamas.
Aliens wouldn't be able to understand his accent

Perhaps they took him, then changed their minds then.

I reckon fender's on the yacht too. He's gone AWOL an' all.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Perhaps they took him, then changed their minds then.

I reckon fender's on the yacht too. He's gone AWOL an' all.
Fender is another multi millionaire. He pretends that he works, but I have spoken to him, via his butler . Mark my words Mupsy, those two could help solve the national debt
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 10:05 PM

Foxy, Now the real story!
You posted the letter in the letter box and as you drove away, you looked in the rear view mirror and saw Mrs Fox coming at you, with a rolling pin.
You put your foot down but ran out of petrol. She lunged at you and whacked you round the head a few times, saying, 'Get in the house now!'!
You staggered into the house... saying, 'l love you darling, l can't live without you. Please let me stay'.
She looked at you lovingly and said, 'Seeing as it's your birthday, l'll let you stay!'
The rest is history!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Spitty, Now you know how worried you were when your dog ran away....so forget the car and stay at home!!
Taken on board, this Dog is very knowing, and very foolhardy, bit like Moi.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top