Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 10:24 AM

Theresa May accuses Russia of launching a 'fake news' war against the West

This is an interesting new development for the PM. Where on earth has it come from and what do you think its aim is?

"Theresa May accuses Putin's regime of seeking to meddle in Western elections. Prime Minister says the West must resist Russian propaganda war. She accuses Russia of using fake news websites and social media to "sow discord" in the West.
She calls on Putin to choose a "different path.""

http://uk.businessinsider.com/theres...7-11?r=US&IR=T
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 10:40 AM

Re: Theresa May accuses Russia of launching a 'fake news' war against the West

Where has it come from? I would have thought it was obvious. The need to make people aware of Russia's attempts to destabilise democracy in the west, not just the UK. Were you not aware?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 10:45 AM

Diversion tactic from Con party current home grown problems.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 10:47 AM

What has this to do with the UK?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 11:07 AM

This for one thing, If you are able to read, it may be for subscribers only but give it a try.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...nored-victims/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 11:30 AM

Hi

Brexit is by far the most important thing as far as the ordinary person in the UK is concerned, it will affect our standard of living and we need to get it right.

It is my view that May should keep her trap shut and concentrate on the people of the UK.

Germany has a huge Budget Surplus and does not contribute the required amount to NATO, neither do many other EU Countries.

This is a nonsense, we need to look after ourselves for a change.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Diversion tactic from Con party current home grown problems.
I'm just amazed with all she has going on she has time for this.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 11:41 AM

Well Ms May .. you're starting to look like a desperate woman on your way out....

Given the mess in her own Cabinet, given the less than satisfactory headway made with Brexit , given her mistakenly inspirational gamble on an early election which backfired in her face bigtime ... I suspect she's doing what all politicians do.
She's trying to divert attention away from her own shortcomings and her own problems, of which she has many.

I used to think/hope that though she clearly isn't another Maggie that under that distant seeming aloof exterior she had a cunning plan, she was a woman who kept her own counsel, had mettle, determination, was piloting the UK with a firm fist and would throw any mutineers overboard from that great ship called Britannia.

Not so it seems.
Instead I suspect she wont accept she's in a losing battle and whilst she's travelling on the downward escalator, every now and then she's making a desperate bunny hop back up a few steps trying to scrabble back to the top and stop her slide.

She's more important things to deal with than target Putin.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 12:04 PM

Shows how out of touch with us she is too, I'm pretty certain I'm not only one who has other things they feel should be a priority at this time.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 12:30 PM

Paranoid fool in my opinion trying to stir up more trouble but I don't suppose Putin will be quaking in his boots!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top