Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 08:09 PM

The Centre of the Earth

Does anyone actually know what is at the 'centre of the earth' ?

How far down has anyone explored?

According to Jules Verne and Edgar Rice Burroughs it is populated by dinosaurs or similar creatures. While I do not believe this - I do have a certain curiosity as to what might be found.

People seem very keen to explore outer space - why not inner earth?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 08:23 PM

Re: The Centre of the Earth

It's a bit hot down there Tabby Cat. Apparently as hot as the surface of the sun. Nobody has ever invented anything which would enable investigation further than about 12 metres let alone carry anyone down there to see it. Iron seems to form the centre of the earth, although it is not certain how it got there. It's hot beyond imagination - and the devil lives there There is no way I want to go down for a visit - I don't think there are return tickets
Little link for some information.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/201...entre-of-earth
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 08:25 PM

because earth has a liquid core which sometimes breaks out in the form of volcanic eruptions when the tutonic plates move or have a weak spot
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
It's a bit hot down there Tabby Cat. Apparently as hot as the surface of the sun. Nobody has ever invented anything which would enable investigation further than about 12 metres let alone carry anyone down there to see it. Iron seems to form the centre of the earth, although it is not certain how it got there. It's hot beyond imagination - and the devil lives there There is no way I want to go down for a visit - I don't think there are return tickets

You mean there really is a hell ??
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

06-12-2017, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
because earth has a liquid core which sometimes breaks out in the form of volcanic eruptions when the tutonic plates move or have a weak spot
Does that mean that if people did go drilling/messing about they could cause more volcanoes?

Scary thought !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

06-12-2017, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->

That is a fascinating link - thank you. Think I'll give the trip a miss - it might singe my whiskers. I'll stick to Mups Christmas train tour!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That is a fascinating link - thank you. Think I'll give the trip a miss - it might singe my whiskers. I'll stick to Mups Christmas train tour!!

Yes, you stay with us Tabs, we'll look after you.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 08:53 AM

This is one question "Flat Earthers" don't have to ponder.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You mean there really is a hell ??

Yeah, Thatcher's (phth, phth, phth) been employed to stoke the fiery furnace utilising Arthur's coal!!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 09:30 AM

You had better hope the core does not visit, us.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top