Join for free
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 12:39 PM

Do You Ever Feel Embarrassed At The Rudeness Shown To Others?

I am referring to ‘rudeness’ in real life and on forums.
Just lately, l have cringed at the rudeness shown to some members on here. All the person has been doing is giving an opinion but some choose to humiliate them by being obnoxiously rude!

Why are people so rude to others? Is it the way they’ve been brought up? Pig Ignorant!

Do you see examples of rudeness in your daily life?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 12:44 PM

Re: Do You Ever Feel Embarrassed At The Rudeness Shown To Others?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am referring to ‘rudeness’ in real life and on forums.
Just lately, l have cringed at the rudeness shown to some members on here. All the person has been doing is giving an opinion but some choose to humiliate them by being obnoxiously rude!

Why are people so rude to others? Is it the way they’ve been brought up? Pig Ignorant!

Do you see examples of rudeness in your daily life?

Think the two Ronnies nailed this, Art, when they said "I look up to him....and I look down to him!"

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Think the two Ronnies nailed this, Art, when they said "I look up to him....and I look down to him!"

Cor, That was a long time ago! Ted.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 12:50 PM

I've seen rudeness on this forum and it puts me off getting involved in discussions to be quite honest. It doesn't upset me though as I just see that anonymous person as being pig ignorant.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 12:50 PM

I agree, a few on here seem unable to accept an opinion that differs from their own, and resort to personal name calling.

Face to face its different, they have to face the consequences of their rudeness.

Online you are expected to challenge the post not the poster, a bit of restraint goes as long way.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 12:52 PM

Yes I do feel embarrassed, and annoyed too, at the performance by certain members of this forum. At times I feel I'd love to add a post about what's being discussed, but it's not worth the hassle I'd get because I don't agree with their point of view. I often read a thread and just shake my head at all the sheer nonsense they are talking..
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 12:59 PM

Yes I do.
Makes me cringe TBH.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 01:30 PM

If people attack the poster, and not the post, that is against the rules so I would have no problem pointing that out.

If somebody has a different opinion to me, I wouldn't consider that to be rude because that is what discussion is all about.

Where people start name calling or use abusive language, I always feel that they are showing themselves to be incapable of serious discussion.

There are always people who try to wind each other up, but I think that they are just embarrassing themselves, because everybody can see that is what they are doing and it is hardly the act of a sensible adult!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 01:45 PM

I count rudeness as a form of bullying and don't like it as I have been bullied in my life due to me being a shy quiet sort of person. I am where I am now in life due to being bullied.

In life I do try to avoid situations where people can be rude to me and admit that even on this forum I avoid making or answering some posts that I feel would cause me to be singled out, also I try to avoid people who obviously have a personal agenda to cause disruption and upset.

I realise that to some that makes me a wimp and admit I'm not a macho sort of guy but this stems from the way I was brought up and how my life progressed due to this being the case.
I do feel very uncomfortable when I see genuine rudeness.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I count rudeness as a form of bullying and don't like it as I have been bullied in my life due to me being a shy quiet sort of person. I am where I am now in life due to being bullied.

In life I do try to avoid situations where people can be rude to me and admit that even on this forum I avoid making or answering some posts that I feel would cause me to be singled out, also I try to avoid people who obviously have a personal agenda to cause disruption and upset.

I realise that to some that makes me a wimp and admit I'm not a macho sort of guy but this stems from the way I was brought up and how my life progressed due to this being the case.
I do feel very uncomfortable when I see genuine rudeness.
That is sad MC, because you are entitled to have your own opinion, and may find others who think the same way. The majority of people on this forum are nice and won't bully, in fact some may support you.
Just try telling us how you think, because you may be surprised how many people agree with you!

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top