Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 09:00 PM

Need to be told what to do

Do we need to be told what to do all the time? On the bus today at every bus stop 2 messages were announced " Hold the rail please ,the bus is about to start " "Stay with your buggy for your childs safety and security ".Then when I was in the supermarket I saw a father lift up his child and stand it in the check out counter while he unpacked his goods and paid for them, the child could easily have fell
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 09:05 PM

Re: Need to be told what to do

I have noticed those bus announcements as well.

I wish they'd record another one 'will every alighting passenger please stop ringing the bell. Once is enough!'
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 09:21 PM

Deylon, l have never been on a bus that gives out announcements. Your buses must be very up to date?
I have only heard announcements on trains and at stations, usually about unattended luggage.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 09:26 PM

Our buses announce the names of the stops. "The next stop is Marine Drive" for example. There is also a screen near the front of the bus with the name of the stop in both Welsh and English.
I think it's really good for elderly people and holidaymakers.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 10:11 PM

This sort of thing does my head in.
Have you travelled on the trains lately?
Particularly Virgin.
Loadsa c*ap stupid messages being offloaded all of the time.
And not by proper people a lot of the time, but just pre recorded rubbish!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Our buses announce the names of the stops. "The next stop is Marine Drive" for example. There is also a screen near the front of the bus with the name of the stop in both Welsh and English.
I think it's really good for elderly people and holidaymakers.
True,and also very helpful of course for those Passengers who are either deaf or blind.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 10:23 PM

On our buses, they tell you the name of the next stop (i.e. Street name). That is all they say.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 11:51 PM

Maybe it is something to do with the trend to try and sue about every mishap that befalls people now.
If someone fell and injured themself and might say they didn't now the bus was about to move off. So they record a message to warn you now.

Or perhaps someone partially sighted with their guide dog appreciates an audible warning.

On the other hand, the person you said stood their child in the check out should have been told off IMO.
Apart from the obvious danger of falling, (then he'd probably have blamed the supermarket), it is the hygiene that would annoy me.
I don't even like to see quite large kids standing in the trolleys. They are FOOD trolleys after all, and what if they had just trod in some dogs muck for example.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Do we need to be told what to do all the time?
It's because people are born with less common sense these days

There is also a culture of suing companies for every little thing.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 12:13 AM

Then we get off the bus and go into a shop and again, we are instructed by an automated voice... Cashier No 2 please!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top