Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 01:09 PM

Re: Macron

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't like dehumanising language they are humans. Now whether they should be here or not is debatable. If they are asylum seekers I'd say take them but economic migrants must go back. If genuinely threatened with torture or death we must help people.
I'm afraid you still don't get it. They are in a safe country, France.

The only people we would be helping are the Frogs. Do they deserve our help after all they have done and are doing?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree, that's why we need to look forward now. If and when Britain disappears down the plug hole, the asylum seekers will just start on another country. We, however will be finished.
Yes. That is the future as I see it. Long after we have gone, hopefully, but what a present to leave our younger generations!

Still, they seem to be perfectly happy with it, by all accounts.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm afraid you still don't get it. They are in a safe country, France.

The only people we would be helping are the Frogs. Do they deserve our help after all they have done and are doing?
I do get it but I just don't see any reason to use language like locusts. They are people and really not their fault France is like it is.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

19-01-2018, 01:45 PM

I do get it but I just don't see any reason to use language like locusts. They are people and really not their fault France is like it is.
I think it's a very appropriate term.
Consider what locusts do.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 02:01 PM

I think it's a very appropriate term.
Consider what locusts do.
And look what happened to the Jews when it was used against them so casually. It's not something we should ever use about human beings.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

19-01-2018, 02:11 PM

And look what happened to the Jews when it was used against them so casually. It's not something we should ever use about human beings.
Have the Jews ever infested a country, raping women, taking its money, houses, healthcare, schools, etc, to the detriment of its own population? Have they planted bombs in our cities, caused untold damage and murdered our people?

There is no comparison.

I am not averse to welcoming any foreign person who will be to the benefit of our country, but all of these economic migrants, including of course the 30 year-old 'children', are draining our resources and, if allowed to continue, will reduce Britain to the state of the countries they have left.

How many have you taken in, Julie?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-01-2018, 02:45 PM

Have the Jews ever infested a country, raping women, taking its money, houses, healthcare, schools, etc, to the detriment of its own population? Have they planted bombs in our cities, caused untold damage and murdered our people?

There is no comparison.

I am not averse to welcoming any foreign person who will be to the benefit of our country, but all of these economic migrants, including of course the 30 year-old 'children', are draining our resources and, if allowed to continue, will reduce Britain to the state of the countries they have left.

How many have you taken in, Julie?
Refuges ? We have refuges in our family, they came over and have become much loved members of our family. The sons of them, one is learning to deliver British babies and the other in a dusty desert situation trying to protect Britians from harm.
Another branch of the family took in Jewish Germans during the war.

I think we do our bit.

I've said no to economic migrants, they must return to their own country's but I say yes to proper refugees.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Macron, IMO has been sent as the errand boy in disguise.

The fact that his final blow was to tell Mrs May that the city (London) will get less access to Europe than now, if UK leaves single market, is a bit like holding a pistol to ones head.

Dirty threats (again) but he surely hasn't been in position long enough to make such projected forecasts. So to me it's straight out of the mouth of Brussels via the new French postal system.

Why hasn't France, kept on top of the migrant situation in Calais ? The authorities cleared them out and left it ready for more to return. They know exactly what they do, and apparently also think WE should be paying some sort of compensation towards the town of Calais.

I agree with JBR on the voting sketch. No point in voting for nothing .
Hi

Services are not covered, the UK ruled them out when May made her speech, no free movement, no more payments.

Norway is not part of the EU, but accepts freedom of movement and payments to the EU, so we ruled ourselves out of that.

Switzerland is not part of the EU or EFTA, it has over a hundred bilateral trade agreements with the EU.

It accepts freedom of movement and also makes payments to the EU.

Switzerland is a very wealthy Country, much better standard of living and services than here in the UK.

It did it's sums and decided it was better off paying to access the EU Services Market, it makes a profit on the deal.

The Swiss make huge profits from their banks and Insurance Companies having access to the EU.

It is a choice we will have to make, we need to do our sums.

If we make a profit on the deal fine, if we do not, we do not pay and do not have access.

If we choose not to, we get a Trade Deal like Canada, Japan and Korea.

These are exactly the type of Trade Deals we are seeking with the rest of the world.

I want out at minimum cost as soon as possible.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 06:08 PM

I know I'll get shouted at but, I felt slightly re-assured that France seems to be making plans with us independently of the EU, hopefully other countries will realize they can do the same.
Odd logic I know, but it makes me feel a bit more re-assured about what will happen after Brexit.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 10:46 PM

You really don't get it do you?

It is not what they did but the fact they were all dehumanised by name calling; not all refugees or immigrants are rapists or bombers any more than all Englishmen are rapists or bombers just because a few do. It was the name calling that gave the gas chambers respectability.

Your attitude is despicable.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top