Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:07 PM

Re: Bedrooms/beds/showers

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So true. My friend's mum was looking after the dad but she's just had a serious stroke. It's not something you can ever predict.

But just as a bit of advice if you ever suspect you have had a stroke - dial 999 immediately. Don't worry about making a fuss like she did. It's too late the next day.

My fit Husband , bent down to pick up a spoon, and bang, Blood clot burst in his brain, now paralysed down his left side, that was 6 yrs ago........
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
If I had to go into a home he would have to go into one too, as there is no way our children could cope with him, even if they wished to, as they have busy lives.

Yes , i agree, all ones support seems to disappear , when needed.......
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmos ->
Yes , i agree, all ones support seems to disappear , when needed.......
I would never wish to inflict myself or my husband on our kids, they have their own life to lead. There was no way I would have considered looking after my parents in their old age, especially my mother, I probably would have murdered her within five minutes. My siblings and I ensured they had the best care homes money could buy. In fact my father moved himself into a care home some months before his death, to get away from my mother, as she was driving him crazy!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 05:29 PM

It's not something to look forward too getting old .
Separate beds no .
Single beds no way they are horribly uncomfortable .
Sometimes if I wake up early and can't get back to sleep I will go into the spare room to read so as not to disturb Mr M.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Sometimes if I wake up early and can't get back to sleep I will go into the spare room to read so as not to disturb Mr M.
I do that too Muddy.

Then when it's a reasonable time I make us a brew & hop back into my own bed.
Cosmos
UK

09-02-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I would never wish to inflict myself or my husband on our kids, they have their own life to lead. There was no way I would have considered looking after my parents in their old age, especially my mother, I probably would have murdered her within five minutes. My siblings and I ensured they had the best care homes money could buy. In fact my father moved himself into a care home some months before his death, to get away from my mother, as she was driving him crazy!

I dont ask our sons for anything Tara, but a bit of consideration , does not go amiss.....”how are you doing “ or ,” are you ok,” ...especially from his sons , my step sons.....Sorry you feel the way you do about compassion for others, ....I also look after my 94 yrs old parents , So my day is pretty full.....Yes my mother drives me crazy after a while ...lol., But i bet we drove them mad too, when we were younger.......Coming into this world and going out of this world is very similar Tara .,!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmos ->
I dont ask our sons for anything Tara, but a bit of consideration , does not go amiss.....”how are you doing “ or ,” are you ok,” ...especially from his sons , my step sons.....Sorry you feel the way you do about compassion for others, ....I also look after my 94 yrs old parents , So my day is pretty full.....Yes my mother drives me crazy after a while ...lol., But i bet we drove them mad too, when we were younger.......Coming into this world and going out of this world is very similar Tara .,!
I suspect you would have felt the same about my mother if you had met her. Even her own mother, of whom I was fond, stated not long before she died in 1980 that my mother was her own worst enemy, as she alienated everyone. It was a relief for us all when she finally breathed her last in 2013. We were just sorry our father went first, he could have done with some good years without her making his life a misery. The old bat even had a row with him when she knew he was only hours from death, I will never forgive her for that.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 04:02 PM

Makes me wonder why any one would stay in a totally loveless relationship. Better to cut your losses and leave all behind than spend a life time in abject misery.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2018, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Makes me wonder why any one would stay in a totally loveless relationship. Better to cut your losses and leave all behind than spend a life time in abject misery.
I kept begging them to divorce, from when I was a young teenager, but their Pentecostal faith made them stay together for 58 fraught years!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 04:45 PM

Religious reasons? Doesn't sound like there was any Christianity involved, more like animosity and misery.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top