Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 06:48 PM

Re: Replacement Nespresso pods

Black Ivory Coffee is a brand of coffee produced by the Black Ivory Coffee Company Ltd in northern Thailand from Arabica coffee beans consumed by elephants and collected from their waste. The taste of Black Ivory coffee is influenced by elephants' digestive enzymes, which breaks down the coffee's protein.

You don't see that in Costa.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Black Ivory Coffee is a brand of coffee produced by the Black Ivory Coffee Company Ltd in northern Thailand from Arabica coffee beans consumed by elephants and collected from their waste. The taste of Black Ivory coffee is influenced by elephants' digestive enzymes, which breaks down the coffee's protein.

You don't see that in Costa.
I think I'll stick to instant, thank you!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A good flat white is also my coffee of choice when out and about Bruce but as you say, nothing wrong with an instant for convenience.

I tend to buy a different brand of instant each time because I find I get so used to the taste that I don't really taste it any more. I also buy smaller jars because it doesn't lose it's freshness.
Ha Ha I always buy 500 gram tins of Nescafe when the supermarket has them on special (usually marked down to $14 from $20).

Unfortunately I get carried away and forget if I have a spare tin at home. It is not as bad as it looks - the front tin is nearly empty.

I transfer the coffee to a small plastic ex peanut butter jar as I need it because when I took direct from the tins, as you say, it lost freshness exacerbated by the fact that I drink tea most of the time.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3577.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	5158  
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Problem with all instant coffee is that you're drinking second hand coffee, plain and simple !!
More of your ill informed nonsense again.

Secondhand coffee is the most expensive you can buy. The coffee beans have passed through the gut of an civet or an elephant and defecated out - then they are ground and sold at outrageous prices.

Have a look at kopi luwak or black ivory coffee, you'll be better informed.

Edit - sorry hadn't seen Longdogs message when I wrote this
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:54 PM

I prefer to make fresh coffee, it is no more trouble than all the machines with expensive pods..

A small Severin Coffee Grinder will grind Coffee from coarse to very fine espresso with lovely aromas
I gave my fancy Coffee Maker to my son. Lots of thing are better ..done by hand,

And, my friend made me a cup of tea from a labour saving 'Breville Hot Cup' makes tea in a second.
It tasted insipid as it does not reach 100 degrees like a Kettle does. Perhaps it is better with powdered pulverized instant coffee!

Why do we need to do things at break neck speed?

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
More of your ill informed nonsense again.

Secondhand coffee is the most expensive you can buy. The coffee beans have passed through the gut of an civet or an elephant and defecated out - then they are ground and sold at outrageous prices.
Yeah, not quite the same is it Brucey?

At no stage is the coffee bean actually made into coffee before being sold.

Instant coffee sees the actual beans ground, mixed with water to make an actual coffee drink/slurry and then dried out and granulised.

Your expensive civet coffee is still a coffee bean.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top