Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:38 PM

Re: Spending the kids inheritence? Too right we are!

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I don't know your personal life tarantula, but kudos to you for sticking in there. "In sickness and in health" really comes into it's own at times like that.

I have always been very independent in nature, and until a couple of years ago, had never had a days illness in my life. When I came home from hospital HWMO was everything I could have wished for. He waited on me hand and foot. But... I found myself thanking him for every single little thing he did for me, (not used to being waited on) and in the end he really got on my nerves doing every little thing for me. What an ungrateful cow I was when I think back how irritable and bolshy I was with him. Even if he was just plumping up my pillows or constantly asking me if I wanted another cup of tea. I just wanted him to butt out and leave me to wallow in peace. Of course, now, I could hug him forever for being so loving when I was so ungrateful and unappreciative. Strange creatures aren't we?
We both probably had our fingers crossed when we did our marriage vows nearly 49 years ago!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:40 PM

I thought this was going to be a happy thread about spending your hard earned and spoiling yourselves?

Not the Tara(BSh) Show.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 08:04 PM

I can hear the happiness in your words!
Get out there and enjoy - you've both obviously earned it.
Cheers to many happy days on the road!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Thanks caracuture, We are both really looking forward to travelling around. It's going to feel a bit strange at first. For most of our lives we planned everything around the weekends Now suddenly, it feels very strange that we don't have to worry what day of the week it is when making plans. Even better, it's the strangest feeling in the world knowing that I can go online and just spend what I want on what I want for the future camper van. I've never been in the position where I didn't first shop around for the cheapest price of the product. (I'm sure this is inbuilt into us!). I must admit, it[s a lovely, never known before feeling.
Well you keep hold of that feeling and keep it with you moving on

Its YOUR money, YOU and DH go and enjoy it whilst you are young enough to and don't feel a minutes guilt

Your "gorillas" have had from you something better then money, a good upbringing and supportive parents.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
C'mon Art...I've never heard you nor anyone say that about you. ....and I don't mean weight before you kill me

I've got a real bad feeling about this
Tipin, No, l’m not fat nor, am l thin, l am just right! Only one drawback and that is, I’m only 5ft 2!

My thinking is, if l can get in SG’s suitcase, l can have free holidays and my children won’t miss out on their inheritance!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 08:34 PM

Lateral thinking.....I like it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 08:38 PM

SG, Honestly, l am really happy for you and l hope you have a lovely time.

In my case, l want my children to have all that l own because l feel, l owe them!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 08:49 PM

Reading this thread (with all its contributors) has really cheered me tonight.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

21-02-2018, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tipin, No, l’m not fat nor, am l thin, l am just right! Only one drawback and that is, I’m only 5ft 2!

My thinking is, if l can get in SG’s suitcase, l can have free holidays and my children won’t miss out on their inheritance!!
If you're not too fussy about destination and free between 16th June and 20th August I'd make space in my Burberry chav bag and whisk you off to Grimsby.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 09:11 PM

How can you refuse Art ?

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top