Join for free
Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 09:18 PM

Re: Not going well for Trade deals.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why is it so important that we remain the World's 5th biggest Economy?

This was going to change anyway, India and others have far lower production costs.

What is important is that we make the UK a better place to live.

We can do this in a number of ways.

Reducing Immigration, collecting NHS Treatment Costs, better training for our own, greatly reducing our Foreign Aid and keeping our noses out of things that are nothing to do with us.

Brexit is just the first step on the road to this.
Exactly this ^^^^
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Petulant, child, dummy spitting, unpatriotic, brain dead, sand, head, buried.

Well said !!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why is it so important that we remain the World's 5th biggest Economy?

This was going to change anyway, India and others have far lower production costs.

What is important is that we make the UK a better place to live.

We can do this in a number of ways.

Reducing Immigration, collecting NHS Treatment Costs, better training for our own, greatly reducing our Foreign Aid and keeping our noses out of things that are nothing to do with us.

Brexit is just the first step on the road to this.
I've been suggesting this for years, but why don't I think any of these will change after Brexit?

It is our government's fault that all of these things are not changing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 10:45 PM

twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 09:19 AM

Well of course, that what all Brexiters in their arrogance think of anyone who disagrees with, or criticises them.

And they just can’t wait to prove their credentials by dishing out the insults and wait, tongue hanging out and panting with eagerness for a sycophantic backslap or condescending pat on the head from their Brexiter chums. Ego stroking and bonding exercise combined. Never fails.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I've been suggesting this for years, but why don't I think any of these will change after Brexit?

It is our government's fault that all of these things are not changing.
I keep saying it but once we are out we can do what we want, we have to hold our MPs to account and vote for people will make a difference. It can't all be done instantly but reform of parliament would come top of my list so we are in a position to do more.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-04-2018, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I keep saying it but once we are out we can do what we want, we have to hold our MPs to account and vote for people will make a difference. It can't all be done instantly but reform of parliament would come top of my list so we are in a position to do more.
The problem remains that even after Brexit we can't reform our government. To do this, we would have to kick out the Conservatives and put in place an alternative party which will do what most of us believe is necessary.

The real problem, of course, is that there is no suitable party to replace the Conservatives.

Compo and the Loonies are unelectable for obvious reasons.

The minor parties are unlikely to gain much support either, including the Limp Dems (who are they?).

An even worse option seems to be appearing: B Liar and his 'Centrist Party'. I'm sure I don't need to say any more about him.

So what can we do?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 04:00 PM

I can't believe that people here are championing a shrinking economy and installing some sort of puppet leader whose bottom end will be filled with "the hand of the people".

Yet somehow we will be able to fund the NHS and maintain a standard of living. I really do think that despite being intelligent and articulate, some of you have absolutely no understanding of economics, business and finance. We are part of a global economy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I can't believe that people here are championing a shrinking economy and installing some sort of puppet leader whose bottom end will be filled with "the hand of the people".

Yet somehow we will be able to fund the NHS and maintain a standard of living. I really do think that despite being intelligent and articulate, some of you have absolutely no understanding of economics, business and finance. We are part of a global economy.
Hi

Yes,we are part of the Global Economy.

However that economy is changing, Brexit or no Brexit and we need to change accordingly.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 05:51 PM

Revolutions have never in history taken those who set them off to their desired location.

The sort of proposals I see here would greatly devalue the pound and lead us into a tinpot-backwater of power cuts and hyperinflation. Economic suicide, social Armageddon. No wonder May is looking for a war to hide behind.

Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top