Join for free
Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 06:14 PM

Re: Not going well for Trade deals.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Revolutions have never in history taken those who set them off to their desired location.

The sort of proposals I see here would greatly devalue the pound and lead us into a tinpot-backwater of power cuts and hyperinflation. Economic suicide, social Armageddon. No wonder May is looking for a war to hide behind.
Hi

Yes, I agree with you, Corbyn would be a disaster.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Well of course, that what all Brexiters in their arrogance think of anyone who disagrees with, or criticises them.

And they just can’t wait to prove their credentials by dishing out the insults and wait, tongue hanging out and panting with eagerness for a sycophantic backslap or condescending pat on the head from their Brexiter chums. Ego stroking and bonding exercise combined. Never fails.
Wrong,

It's an accurate description of you, and demonstrably so.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

But you are proposing exactly the sort of policies that would propel him into power.

The thinking behind the original EU model was to prevent the "domino effect" of deprivation-fueled communism.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 06:28 PM

Hi

I thought she meant BLiar.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 06:41 PM

This just about sums it up :

Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 08:30 PM

This just about sums it up :

It's comedy, It's satire......and it's brilliantly perfomed..

However, I'm not convinced it satirises Brexit as it was made 30 years ago.

What it suggests though, is that your prejudices are 30 years behind the times and that's why you don't understand the need to Leave.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-04-2018, 11:31 PM

Lol at 30 years ago. It was nearly 50 years ago. It was not long before we joined Europe. Sums up the lack of understanding.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 06:22 AM

Lol at 30 years ago. It was nearly 50 years ago. It was not long before we joined Europe. Sums up the lack of understanding.
Gosh, 50 yrs.......I'll take your word on that!

It suggests that if that satirises the British attitude to Europe back then in the 1960's and Remainers are suggesting that is the attitude of over 50% of the electorate at the Referendum 50 years later......after 40 years of membership.....

I suggests to me that the Remainers are clutching at straws and there were many different and more fundamental reasons for the Leave victory.

Reasons such as missing out on the benefits of membership whilst watching the preening and posturing of those whose snouts have been firmly pressed to the trough whilst also suffering the worst of the negative consequences of EU membership......

All the while being told to shut up, shape up and suck it up!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Gosh, 50 yrs.......I'll take your word on that!

It suggests that if that satirises the British attitude to Europe back then in the 1960's and Remainers are suggesting that is the attitude of over 50% of the electorate at the Referendum 50 years later......after 40 years of membership.....

I suggests to me that the Remainers are clutching at straws and there were many different and more fundamental reasons for the Leave victory.

Reasons such as missing out on the benefits of membership whilst watching the preening and posturing of those whose snouts have been firmly pressed to the trough whilst also suffering the worst of the negative consequences of EU membership......

All the while being told to shut up, shape up and suck it up!!
Hi

That is entirely our own fault.

As one of the biggest Contributors we could have changed things.

This is entirely down to our own Politicians, of whatever variety.
Moscow
Scotland

16-04-2018, 08:42 PM

Hi

That is entirely our own fault.

As one of the biggest Contributors we could have changed things.

This is entirely down to our own Politicians, of whatever variety.
That's NOT 'our' fault.

It's 'our' politicians' fault .

We , the people, tried for fecking years to get through to the numpties who claimed to represent us but to no avail.

Result.....We , the people, chose a different path.

Unfortunately, it would seem 'our' politicians , both in Gov't and in opposition, are determined to deny us our choice......

Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top