Join for free
Page 589 of 1676 « First < 89 489 539 579 587 588 589 590 591 599 639 689 1089 1589 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 12:18 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

That’s the way to sell the books RJ, I suppose if a campanologist was looking for information on bells you would have recommended “For Whom the Bells Tolls”

There used to a girl in a place I worked in as a lad and she had a terrible habit of taking a hold of your ear lobe and fondling it when she was talking to you, thank God theres no blood in ones ear lobes or I’d have looked like prince Charles, she was much older than I was and closely related to the boss so my hands were tied to do anything about it, jaysus me face used to be scarlet and all the other lads in the workshop laughing.

That reminds me.

A question for you Pug my learned friend, it’s not important just curiosity.
How is it that someone else can tickle you but you cannot tickle yourself? My feet are very ticklish, the slightest touch by anyone even a doctor and I’m into fits of laughter, but I can massage them meself to my hearts content and it doesn’t bother me. Strange that.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 12:36 PM

Good Afternoon everyone
Enough of the ear talk
I have two piercings in my lobes, any tugging and it would cause damage. I remember at school, no earings allowed for boys and girls.

Tickling yourself???
It is because of the neurons Jem, they remember such things and pass it on through the dendrites, you only have to ask the synapse. Think of those bare branches of those winter trees Well Pugsy Bear will confuse you even more, you know that

A simple life, I was pondering on this earlier.
What IS a simple life?
We all plan our lives and yet somehow, those best-laid plans never quite work. Some like to live in rural areas, but as we age, where is the nearest hospital or shops????
I have always lived in a town, and also beside the sea. My nearest shops are a stone's throw away, same with the hospital. I suppose it is sensible to stay put.
I would appreciate any views on what a simple life is, as I have never experienced one.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I am not 70 until August 7th Solo dearheart.

Good to hear you are still able to class yourself as a sixties spring chicken Robert but isn't it odd how as we go through life we play with age to suit our purpose. (Not saying that you are but just an observation)

When we are young we up our age so we can do things we really should not be doing. i.e getting into a rated film, buying fags, pubs and naughty top shelf magazines etc (Do they still do that!)

We then avoid those dreaded mile stone birthdays and eke out those last few months and even days by saying I'm not quite 30/40/50 rather than accept that no matter what you say or do you are not going to escape that birth date.

Then we do an absolute weird mental thing. We actually go back to proudly saying well I am ALMOST 70/80/90 as if to say...didn't I do well to get this far and if you look good for your age so much the better as compliments really fly off the tongue.

Can you believe some even lie about their age.. but we won't go there will we
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Good Afternoon everyone
Enough of the ear talk
I have two piercings in my lobes, any tugging and it would cause damage. I remember at school, no earings allowed for boys and girls.

Tickling yourself???
It is because of the neurons Jem, they remember such things and pass it on through the dendrites, you only have to ask the synapse. Think of those bare branches of those winter trees Well Pugsy Bear will confuse you even more, you know that

A simple life, I was pondering on this earlier.
What IS a simple life?
We all plan our lives and yet somehow, those best-laid plans never quite work. Some like to live in rural areas, but as we age, where is the nearest hospital or shops????
I have always lived in a town, and also beside the sea. My nearest shops are a stone's throw away, same with the hospital. I suppose it is sensible to stay put.
I would appreciate any views on what a simple life is, as I have never experienced one.
now here's another interesting puzzle for ya SP - how does one take on the accent of another country after living there for a while?? - NO not just copying it anyone can do that but developing it unknowingly ??

Ps: if SP can't answer this anyone can join in [as if I could stop yuz all anyway!!]
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 06:56 PM

And now for something we can tackle together, putting aside our differences and daft activities.

The proposal is that we start to produce and direct a PANTOMIME.

We need to choose one, possibly a less well-known one.
There will have to be nominations for parts.

My initial thought was to update Jack & the Beanstalk, set it in Australia, changing the title to Jack the Ripper & his merry didgeridoo (s).

Pug will obviously be put forward by one of us to take the part of Jack, or DIck if we decide to mount Dick Whittington goes Walkabout in the untamed bush.

Jem is my choice for the Narrator, closely followed by Solo who will take the love interest role.
Fruity, Spitty, Gummy, & Bobby will be part of Pug's clan.
I will be PROMPT, assisted by Sweety Pie. (Also S.P will be the good fairy & chief cook & bottle washer).

Well, wot are you all waiting for?

Ps, I am too stiff to be the front part of the PANTOMIME horse any longer
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
now here's another interesting puzzle for ya SP - how does one take on the accent of another country after living there for a while?? - NO not just copying it anyone can do that but developing it unknowingly ??

Ps: if SP can't answer this anyone can join in [as if I could stop yuz all anyway!!]
I think hearing a different accent every day, simply makes us unknowingly, imitate it, rather like a mynah bird.
I hope you still have your Liverpudlian accent!!!!
I can't imagine how you must sound
Scouseoz
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-04-2018, 07:01 PM

And now for something we can tackle together, putting aside our differences and daft activities.

The proposal is that we start to produce and direct a PANTOMIME.

We need to choose one, possibly a less well-known one.
There will have to be nominations for parts.

My initial thought was to update Jack & the Beanstalk, set it in Australia, changing the title to Jack the Ripper & his merry didgeridoo (s).

Pug will obviously be put forward by one of us to take the part of Jack, or DIck if we decide to mount Dick Whittington goes Walkabout in the untamed bush.

Jem is my choice for the Narrator, closely followed by Solo who will take the love interest role.
Fruity, Spitty, Gummy, & Bobby will be part of Pug's clan.
I will be PROMPT, assisted by Sweety Pie. (Also S.P will be the good fairy & chief cook & bottle washer).

Well, wot are you all waiting for?

Ps, I am too stiff to be the front part of the PANTOMIME horse any longer

Sounds like great fun Young Robert.
Send me the script
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
A question for you Pug my learned friend, it’s not important just curiosity.
How is it that someone else can tickle you but you cannot tickle yourself? My feet are very ticklish, the slightest touch by anyone even a doctor and I’m into fits of laughter, but I can massage them meself to my hearts content and it doesn’t bother me. Strange that.
Jem,the answer is both simple in explanation,yet complex in design information;this is due to 'anticipatory reflex' not being in the same category as 'imposed reflex'.
Two sections of the brain are responsible for how you process tickling: these being the somatosensory cortex, [responsible for perceiving being touched] and the anterior cingulate cortex,which processes pleasurable deliberate actions.

The somatosensory cortex & the anterior cingulate work together,to trigger your 'nervous system' when someone or something [big difference] is tickling you. Two medical regognitions of being tickled exist,which are known respectively as 'gargalesis' and 'knismesis'. 'Gargalesis' is a type of tickling that causes laughter and auto-reflexive body movement. 'Knismesis' is the sensation you get that can be really irriating,such as a label inside the collar of a shirt [or blouse] which tickles,but in an annoying fashion.

So,next time Mrs Jem holds you down and tickles the soles of your feet [ohhh,yes,we know ALL about your pre-mating rituals,young Jemstone] remember to giggle,not flinch.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sounds like great fun Young Robert.
Send me the script
I have recently become dyslectric. I was hoping the scribblers would write a script.

Our first hurdle !
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-04-2018, 08:21 PM

I have recently become dyslectric. I was hoping the scribblers would write a script.

Our first hurdle !
Shall I ask Rehab? He writes scripts.

Page 589 of 1676 « First < 89 489 539 579 587 588 589 590 591 599 639 689 1089 1589 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top