Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 09:42 AM

Re: Not going well for Trade deals.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So many ifs and buts....
Just as many about staying in.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There was an interview with an ex New Zealand pm the other day on the radio, it was put to her that New Zealand trades with others in large quantise and won't want our small market, she stopped that straight away by saying they sell large quantities of low quality lamb, the U.K. market is about high quality cuts that the other countries won't pay for, so we are actually a very happy fit for them to deal with even more than they do.

I'm imagining that story may be repeated as we get to a point we can negotiate.
Sounds like the interviewer was trying to stir things up, but then that's what interviewers do, isn't it?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sounds like the interviewer was trying to stir things up, but then that's what interviewers do, isn't it?
Hi

A tiny bit of research would have shown that that New Zealand is one of the Countries who have put a Formal Objection into the WHO.

They have refused point blank to accept our proposed split of Lamb Imports when we leave the EU.

This is entirely our fault, Liam Fox just announced what we were doing without any prior discussion at all.

He has done this with all the 40 Countries we have Trade Agreements with as part of the EU.

The man is an idiot.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 12:19 PM

I expect May will be working like mad at CHOGM for the next few days. If there is a trade deal to me made (or started) it will be there.

When else will she get to meet so many heads of state and all of them in London?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I expect May will be working like mad at CHOGM for the next few days. If there is a trade deal to me made (or started) it will be there.

When else will she get to meet so many heads of state and all of them in London?
Too Right, Bruce!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

The man is an idiot.
Lacks judgement.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Hear hear.

I tend not to listen to the prophets of doom these days, in fact I never have.

We have always been a trading nation, and a very successful one too. I'm afraid that some people have no confidence in our abilities as they have been brainwashed for so long by the EU proponents.

We shall see.

Of course, it all rather depends on the capabilities of our politicians. What a shame!

Those that have such little faith in the ability of the UK to succeed post Brexit are those that have had their snouts in the trough and have never had to make their way in the world.
Employed by Gov't organisations like the NHS, Local Councils, Education Authorities, the Civil Service and the Judiciary etc , they have never had to create anything themselves without an umbrella organisation to protect and mollycoddle them..

They don't understand, and are scared of, independent thinking, living and forging new paths......
Effectively , their mind sets are institutionalised.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Those that have such little faith in the ability of the UK to succeed post Brexit are those that have had their snouts in the trough and have never had to make their way in the world.
Employed by Gov't organisations like the NHS, Local Councils, Education Authorities, the Civil Service and the Judiciary etc , they have never had to create anything themselves without an umbrella organisation to protect and mollycoddle them..

They don't understand, and are scared of, independent thinking, living and forging new paths......
I've been employed by the NHS, education authorities and the Civil Service.

Unfortunately, my snout has never had the opportunity to get anywhere near a trough.

Nevertheless, I agree with you; you're right.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:09 AM

According to the news this afternoon that after CHOGM there is a push to get Britain in the TPP. I don't know if the approach was made by Britain or whether Australia suggested it.

It is a shadow of the original agreement without the USA but that might suit Britain.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

Not sure about local authorities, but just after the vote my remain-voting, rather left wing hairdresser was vociferously complaining that many NHS-employed customers were religiously pro-Brexit. So there you go. I know a few teachers who were pro-remain, but know one lecturer who is fervently pro-Brexit. It's a very personal thing.

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top