Join for free
Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 08:21 AM

Re: Is it time to let Alfie go ?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I haven't followed this case but I don't understand why we put severely ill children through such suffering. I don't believe anyone should be forced to suffer in such a way but a baby or young child has no choice. Is this really the life Alfie would want for himself?
Not if he is as brain damaged as the medics believe him to be. I hope he dies before his parents take him off to Rome, if they get permission to do so.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 08:26 AM

I understand he is now breathing on his own, I feel terrible saying this but if it's true his brain is so badly damaged I hope he just slips away.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I understand he is now breathing on his own, I feel terrible saying this but if it's true his brain is so badly damaged I hope he just slips away.
I think you are just saying what most people think Summer
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think you are just saying what most people think Summer
I agree.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 04:48 PM

This poor little chap can not see, hear, taste, swallow and is basically a vegerable. I saw an interview with some of those protesting outside Alder Hey Hospital, where one individual said that now he is breathing without a ventilator that there is a chance he will be cured. The ignorance was breathtaking, knowing more than the consultants treating him?

I feel so sorry for other parents of very sick children who have to run the gauntlet of this raucous mob ever day. I had a friend who had a child in Alder Hey and I hate the thought she had to endure that.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
This poor little chap can not see, hear, taste, swallow and is basically a vegerable. I saw an interview with some of those protesting outside Alder Hey Hospital, where one individual said that now he is breathing without a ventilator that there is a chance he will be cured. The ignorance was breathtaking, knowing more than the consultants treating him?

I feel so sorry for other parents of very sick children who have to run the gauntlet of this raucous mob ever day. I had a friend who had a child in Alder Hey and I hate the thought she had to endure that.
Those protestors are ignorant idiots, the medical staff have that child's best interests at heart.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 07:20 PM

I can’t believe Alfie’s father, 21 year old Tom Evans wants to prosecute the doctors for conspiracy to murder.

Why couldn’t the parents have kept all this private, instead of making it into a circus?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 07:46 PM

They are young and distressed.but they are the parents why don't they let them take the baby to Rome.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I can’t believe Alfie’s father, 21 year old Tom Evans wants to prosecute the doctors for conspiracy to murder.

Why couldn’t the parents have kept all this private, instead of making it into a circus?
The parents, who are very young, have been badly advised right from the start.

The judge criticised the "malign hand" of one of the family's advisers, law student Pavel Stroilov, who had, the court heard, been party to Mr Evans lodging a private prosecution of Alder Hey Hospital doctors, allegedly for murder.

A law student for pity's sakes.

The judge said the hospital had provided "world class" care for the child.

I should imagine the doctors at the hospital have been thoroughly upset and even frightened by the crowds and publicity surrounding this case.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 09:24 PM

Over the past fortnight, hospital chair Sir David Henshaw said, staff had endured a "barrage" of abuse.

"All of us feel deeply for Alfie and his whole family and we continue to do everything we can to support them as best we can, just as we have for the last 17 months".

But, they said, staff had recently been the subject of "unprecedented personal abuse that has been hard to bear".

The hospital has seen several protests in recent weeks, and police have investigated claims patients and staff were intimidated.

Sir David and Ms Shepherd said the previous fortnight had been "a very difficult time."

"As an organisation, we have endured attacks upon our motivation, our professionalism and our ethics," they said.

They described the requirement for a "significant police presence" at the hospital as "completely unacceptable".

Staff had also received "a barrage of highly abusive and threatening language and behaviour that has shocked us all", they said.

"Worse still, patients and visitors to Alder Hey have also reported abuse."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-43900571

(I've taken the easy way out and just copied and pasted the above. I'll have to shut up now or I'll let rip).

Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top