Join for free
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 02:10 PM

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Not true.

You've been told many times but you're mind is closed. You've shut down your faculty for free thinking and have become institutionalised.

You're like a patient in a mental asylum who won't go through the door when all the staff have left and the doors are unlocked. You just stand in the doorway looking out at the sunny lawn too feart to move to feart to act!
Well said Moscow! I never thought I would see the day when so many, (and I don't include the self-serving, greedy elitists) are fearful of letting go of Nanny Brussels apron strings. Dear Lord, what has happened in the last 40 years to the once proud Bulldog spirit of Britain?? People appear to have become so normalised in having every facet of their lives dictated for them, why are they so afraid to think and act for themselves any longer.?

Why does the thought of Britain acting in the best interests of its own people first, treated like Euthenasia to those that wail in anger and blame because 17,500 million sensible people decided that we no longer wish to be represented by a dictatorial, unelected, elitist led cartel ? Can they not see that the EU cartel is interested only in protecting the carefully chosen large conglomerates and the rich who gain from our continued handcuffed existence, whilst we the peasants, are forever forced into paying £billlions of our taxes year after year, simply for the privilege of pressing our noses up against the EU pane of glass, forever wondering why we are not getting a share of the wealth that is so freely distributed to the chosen privileged few?.

If Remainers believe ardently in life being so perfect as a lowly member on the outer ring of the EU cartel, perhaps they can explain why Britain has always been treated as a second-rate member, (and please don't use that so often used excuse of our weak government not doing more to have their voice heard, we saw the outcome of David Cameron trying that and coming back tail between his legs).
The truth is that because we took the wise decision not to join the Euro, we have never belonged, just merely been tolerated due to our cash-cow status.

Perhaps Remainers could also explain, if life is so perfect staying in, why is it we are paying £billions of pounds to this cartel every year, whilst our own people are having to go without, with ever decreasing services in health and social services, £billions have been spent on infrastructure in countries joining the EU, whilst we cannot even afford to repair our own roads! you may be PC enough to put your hands over your ears to hear this, but the truth is staring you in the face. Instead of wailing about how those who voted to leave have destroyed the futures of the young, get real! Why won’t you admit that this island is now so overcrowded, housing stock has become scarce, and our young cannot afford to do as their parents and grandparents did before them and buy their first starter- homes. Staying tied to the EU, it would inevitably get worse!.

Instead of conveniently blaming the elderly for having the good fortune to have worked and gained what they have during their working lives, try being honest and place the blame where it should lie, being part of the Single Market and the Customs Union has meant open borders with no control whatsoever on the numbers coming into this tiny island.
I have no doubt there will be the usual suspects on here eager to plonk the "Little Englander" or "Racist" label on my forehead, Forget it! that sick label died when we thankfully rid ourselves of New Labour. As I said above, 17,500 million people were sick of being talked down to when they honestly tried to warn what was happening to this country but were whacked across the head for daring to tell the truth. Thank the good Lord we were given one opportunity to do so and took it with a simple pencil and a cross. I think the largest vote in our history said it all. We want out!.. So, wipe your tears and man up! Have pride in this country and talk it up instead of continually finding excuses to blame leavers because you have had to let go of Nanny Brussels hand.. Stop blaming everyone and everything. We are and always have been a great independent trading nation, we certainly do not need to hold onto anyone's apron strings to be the great country we are and can be again trading with the rest of the world, (despite all the doom-laden predictions of many). Leavers accept that it will not be painless. We are prepared to put up with hardship, we have done it before, but at least we will be free to make our own decisions. For that, I am really happy.

Finally, please stop treating leavers as ignoramuses! The great majority knew exactly why and what they were basing their Referendum decision on and the red lines involved.
It’s about time people who voted to Remain stopped treating those living north of Watford as not knowing why they voted Leave. Even more, stop betraying the decision of the majority to leave!.

Lecture over!.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 03:27 PM

Hi

My views.

The EU is run for the benefit of a few, most notably France and Germany.

Neither of them are meeting the rules about fiscal deficit/surplus,which is plus or minus 3%.

Germany is running a surplus of 6%, whilst at the same time refusing to pay its' promised 2% to NATO.

France is running a deficit of more than 3%.

Germany has a surplus, yet only pays 0.5 % GNI in Foreign Aid, we pay 0.7% and have to borrow to pay it.

We pay child benefit to children who not live here. many countries do not.

EU Law states that if we do pay, we need only pay the same amount as the Child Benefit payable in their country of origin, whichever is the lessor amount.

So we only need to pay £20 a month for some, which choose to pay the full UK amount.

These things are due to two things.

The stupidity of our politicians in dealing with the EU .

Our own laws, not EU Law.

These are our choices, made by our Politicians on our behalf.

We cannot blame the EU.

Immigration, taking back control, is another joke.

There are 2.37 Million EU Workers in the UK.

There are 3.27 Non EU Foreign Workers in the UK.

We have total control over Non EU Workers coming here, leaving the EU will have no effect on these, we could the numbers drastically now, nut again we choose not to do so.

Anyone seeing a pattern here?

We are not going to be saving £350 million a week, that was a complete con.

Things will change when we leave, we are still in, so no great changes yet, we still have the Exports and the Tax Income.

Project Fear was also wrong, the sky has not fallen in immediately.

Things are however starting to change in Services, our biggest export.

Thompson Reuters are moving trades out of the UK to Dublin.

No job losses, the staff and computers are staying in London.

The trades however will be logged in Dublin.

They are a huge company, they do $300 Billion a day in Euro Trades.

The tax on this,we lose, Ireland gets.

Bloomberg, MarketAxess and Nex Group, other big traders, are moving to Amsterdam, again no job losses, but the Dutch get the tax, not the UK.

This is going to hurt until we get new trade deals in place and these take years.

In a nutshell, our bunch are making a complete pigs ear of it at the moment.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Not true.

You've been told many times but you're mind is closed. You've shut down your faculty for free thinking and have become institutionalised.

You're like a patient in a mental asylum who won't go through the door when all the staff have left and the doors are unlocked. You just stand in the doorway looking out at the sunny lawn too feart to move to feart to act!
Just one positive aspect would help you know.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Just one positive aspect would help you know.
Hi

Our Politicians have screwed this up big time.

I am no Little Englander, I do not to go back to the past, those days are gone.

I am the only native English speaker in my house

Zac and Derek are Polish, I have a Tagalog speaking Filipino arriving, who will be most welcome.

She will be most welcome, off to work in the NHS.

I am not a Tory Voter, only voted for them once, a tactical vote to get rid of Blair.

I voted leave because I do not want to be part of a Federalist Europe.

I despair of the idiots in charge now, they have messed it up big time, seriously messed it up.

This is going to hurt when it could have been so easily have been avoided.

There is, unfortunately, no way that I can vote Labour at the present time.

It is difficult to imagine how we could have made a bigger mess of this, but Corbyn and Abbott will most definitely make an even bigger mess of it.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Leavers accept that it will not be painless. We are prepared to put up with hardship, we have done it before, but at least we will be free to make our own decisions. For that, I am really happy.
And that's a big problem. Leavers may be prepared to put up with hardship but why should you be allowed to inflict it on the rest of us who don't want Brexit?

Many Remainers don't believe the results of Brexit will be worth the hardship it causes and are furious at the Brexiters for sentencing us to years of hardship for no gain and probably to be worse off. It's natural to blame and dislike those who have caused you harm. And these feelings are bound to get stronger as the hardships of Brexit bite and until we relieve ourselves from those hardships by getting he UK back in the EU.

Of course, those boasting about how "we" can endure hardships are usually those who won't have to suffer them. Property owning pensioners of the Boomer generation who know their numbers will give them enough clout with political parties to make sure it's not them who suffer.

I am not prepared to put up with the hardships you want to inflict on me without a fight. Brexit is your responsibility, the misery to come is down to you.

I find it really offensive when Brexiters talk about "we" as if you represent the country. The Remainers are no part of your "we" and you're making sure they're not free to make their own decisions when it comes to being part of the EU.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

16-05-2018, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
And that's a big problem. Leavers may be prepared to put up with hardship but why should you be allowed to inflict it on the rest of us who don't want Brexit?

Many Remainers don't believe the results of Brexit will be worth the hardship it causes and are furious at the Brexiters for sentencing us to years of hardship for no gain and probably to be worse off. It's natural to blame and dislike those who have caused you harm. And these feelings are bound to get stronger as the hardships of Brexit bite and until we relieve ourselves from those hardships by getting he UK back in the EU.

Of course, those boasting about how "we" can endure hardships are usually those who won't have to suffer them. Property owning pensioners of the Boomer generation who know their numbers will give them enough clout with political parties to make sure it's not them who suffer.

I am not prepared to put up with the hardships you want to inflict on me without a fight. Brexit is your responsibility, the misery to come is down to you.

I find it really offensive when Brexiters talk about "we" as if you represent the country. The Remainers are no part of your "we" and you're making sure they're not free to make their own decisions when it comes to being part of the EU.
Hi

What part of Democracy do you not understand?

It was a free vote.

Those who did not vote have only themselves to blame.

We voted to leave, a simple majority.

That is our system.

Am I fuming at the incompetence of our Politicians.

Too bloody true I am.

The prats have turned an opportunity into a disaster.

The only saving grace this bunch of idiots have is that it would have been even worse under Corbyn..

He is a leaver as well.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

I think the largest vote in our history said it all. We want out!.. So, wipe your tears and man up! Have pride in this country and talk it up instead of continually finding excuses to blame leavers because you have had to let go of Nanny Brussels hand..-D
If the 17 million vote to leave was the largest vote in our history, then the 16 million vote to stay in was huge too. We are talking a tiny majority here and a vital decision made on the strength of it. That's 16 million of us dragged out against our will.

And yet the Brexiters spout endless hyperbole like yours insisting their will is the will of the people and the vote to leave was an overwhelming uprising of the "people."

Rubbish, it was a close run call, leaving was the choice of only 51.9% of the voters, the 48.1% of Remainers are people too, and have every right to have a say on the type of Brexit allegedly negotiated on behalf of "the people" and to campaign for a new referendum to keep the UK/get the UK back in the EU.

You want out, not "we".

Remainers usually have a lot of pride in their country.

That's why it makes us livid to see it degraded by Brexit to a third rate country running round the world with a begging bowl, pleading for trade deals with whoever will have us. To see the Brexiters trying to change the UK from a modern, civilised, liberal European country to a money grabbing, low brow, xenophobic racist one.

And to see our talent and drive frittered away fighting obstacles you have put in the way with Brexit and barriers erected in the the hopes and aspirations of our young people. And for the UK to be seen world-wide as a country that betrays it's friends and allies and admires the revolting Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson.

Far from being a nanny/child relationship, being part of the EU was a grown up, co-operative relationship working towards everyone's benefit and sorting things out together and you are dragging us away from that into situation of aggressive, combative isolation.

You are trying to destroy everything that makes this country something to be proud of.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

16-05-2018, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
If the 17 million vote to leave was the largest vote in our history, then the 16 million vote to stay in was huge too. We are talking a tiny majority here and a vital decision made on the strength of it. That's 16 million of us dragged out against our will.

And yet the Brexiters spout endless hyperbole like yours insisting their will is the will of the people and the vote to leave was an overwhelming uprising of the "people."

Rubbish, it was a close run call, leaving was the choice of only 51.9% of the voters, the 48.1% of Remainers are people too, and have every right to have a say on the type of Brexit allegedly negotiated on behalf of "the people" and to campaign for a new referendum to keep the UK/get the UK back in the EU.

You want out, not "we".

Remainers usually have a lot of pride in their country.

That's why it makes us livid to see it degraded by Brexit to a third rate country running round the world with a begging bowl, pleading for trade deals with whoever will have us. To see the Brexiters trying to change the UK from a modern, civilised, liberal European country to a money grabbing, low brow, xenophobic racist one.

And to see our talent and drive frittered away fighting obstacles you have put in the way with Brexit and barriers erected in the the hopes and aspirations of our young people. And for the UK to be seen world-wide as a country that betrays it's friends and allies and admires the revolting Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson.

Far from being a nanny/child relationship, being part of the EU was a grown up, co-operative relationship working towards everyone's benefit and sorting things out together and you are dragging us away from that into situation of aggressive, combative isolation.

You are trying to destroy everything that makes this country something to be proud of.
Hi

I find your post offensive.

I am no Xenophobe, I will repeat that I am the only Native English speaker in my house.

My Pretendies are all Polish.

I love them dearly.

Their parents come here to work and make money.

Zac and Derek paid over £20,000 tax last year here in the UK.

They think we are mad.

Zac has two littlies who live in Poland, Derek has one.

They do not claim for any of them.

Nadi and Jakob where born here,

Mum and Dad earn a mint and pay full Tax and NI.

I welcome them, they have much more of a work ethic than the prats at the back, English, who choose not to work,
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:04 PM

Did Norway also have no plan when they voted to leave, did they also spend years arguing about democracy?
twizzle
somerset

16-05-2018, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We voted to leave, a simple majority.
"We" didn't vote to leave. You and your fellow Brexiters voted to leave. 16 million Remainers voted to stay in.

Most of us Remainers want no part of your "we". #

You caused Brexit, now own it and stop trying to dragoon the Remainers being part of it.

The country is divided, the Brexiters are on your own and the responsibilty is entirely yours. The Remainers are unrepresented in this decision and negotiation and Theresa may doesn't speak for us.

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top