Join for free
Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 06:36 PM

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Wrong......How I earn my living was not a factor in deciding how to vote at the EU referendum........
Oh, I think it probably was, if you'd thought your lifestyle was threatened, I'm sure you wouldn't have been as keen. But as long as it's other people paying the price......
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 06:39 PM

You really don't get it......and I know you're not pretending!
Oh, I get it, I just think it's wrong on so many levels....socially, financially, morally.........
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 06:56 PM

Hi

The success or failure will be determined by how the money markets view us, it really is as simple as that.

We are incredibly indebted, even a small change in interest rates on what we owe will affect everyone.

The Money Markets have no soul, they exist to make money, that is all.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:10 PM

All developed economies are indebted and it's ok as long as you don't seriously disrupt the economy with something like this. As long as you protect all your markets and make sure transition is seamless it shouldn't affect our credit rating. We need that rating to be good so that all the markets have confidence in the UK.

78% of the volume of FX in Europe is done in London. It's the most popular FX market and the EURO/USD is the most popular traded currency pairing. Is anything being done to protect that market going forward?

I did a webinair on this the other day and the Brexit vote had almost as much negative impact on the FX market as the 2008 crash. That's not something to take lightly when investment value can go right down overnight.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Oh, I get it, I just think it's wrong on so many levels....socially, financially, morally.........
There is no social or moral negativity surrounding Brexit. It's not even a moral question!
It's a question of political alignment .

Financially....that's a matter of opinion as to whether it will be 'wrong'.

I think there's a financial penalty worth paying for leaving.

If the cost is too much to bear then we can change the way we do things to accommodate that burden.

I was never one for all that £350m benefit every week nonsense.
Anyone who voted Brexit based on a few spurious statements uttered by some dodgy politicians will have to reflect on that choice......but that's democracy folks!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
All developed economies are indebted and it's ok as long as you don't seriously disrupt the economy with something like this. As long as you protect all your markets and make sure transition is seamless it shouldn't affect our credit rating. We need that rating to be good so that all the markets have confidence in the UK.

78% of the volume of FX in Europe is done in London. It's the most popular FX market and the EURO/USD is the most popular traded currency pairing. Is anything being done to protect that market going forward?

I did a webinair on this the other day and the Brexit vote had almost as much negative impact on the FX market as the 2008 crash. That's not something to take lightly when investment value can go right down overnight.
You can't live in a world where nothing ever changes and nothing ever happens.

There will always be another Black Swan just around the corner.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

Hi

I have posted previously on this Annie.

The jobs and computer systems are staying in London., the actual trades are being logged in the EU.

This means we lose the tax on these trades.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44130363

It is not just one company moving, there are many.

Insurance, Credit, Wealth Management and Pension Companies are also moving and we lose the vast sums they pay in tax, Ireland and other EU Countries win.

This is entirely due to our Red Lines.

I disagree about borrowing, our Credit rating has been reduced and the £ has fallen, this makes servicing our debt more expensive.
twizzle
somerset

20-05-2018, 08:31 PM

There is no social or moral negativity surrounding Brexit. It's not even a moral question!
It's a question of political alignment .

Financially....that's a matter of opinion as to whether it will be 'wrong'.

I think there's a financial penalty worth paying for leaving.

If the cost is too much to bear then we can change the way we do things to accommodate that burden.

I was never one for all that £350m benefit every week nonsense.
Anyone who voted Brexit based on a few spurious statements uttered by some dodgy politicians will have to reflect on that choice......but that's democracy folks!
Of course it's a moral question. You declaring it's not because you don't want to take responsibility for that doesn't mean it isn't. What is political alignment if not a moral and social choice? It's obviously always a moral question. And a social one.

You think the financial penalty is worth paying for leaving because you don't think you'll be the one paying it.

You've said many times you've taken steps to safeguard your own income so you could vote Brexit with no thought for the livelihoods of those less fortunate.

Who decides when the cost is too much to bear? You? And how could you accommodate the burden if there is no money to do that with?

All Brexiters will reflect on their choice and the poor reasons they made that choice as the harm they've done becomes apparent. But they probably won't, too arrogant. And by then, it will be too late and they'll have thrown the rest of us under the cliff.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 08:32 PM

I don't understand why we are not fighting more to save this industry for the UK. But it just feels like it's slipping through the fingers and nobody is trying to stop it, maybe because nobody knows what to do.

In terms of credit, we have no choice but to borrow, we simply cannot afford to run the country without it. If we could just organise an interim arrangement for say ten years while we sort out a smooth transition then we could tide ourselves over with decent growth and the whole money multiplier effect that brings, which does result in increased tax receipts. But every economic policy that is happening right now (and I am not just talking of brexit) is detrimental to growth. It really does feel that there is a desperation to come up with ideas that might work. These ideas are not part of a coordinated strategy. Ends are not being tied up. It's really sad to watch the economy fray. I just hope that somehow it all comes together, but there are currently too many scattered energies because of Brexit negotiations.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

21-05-2018, 06:11 AM

Hi

Corbyn wants out of the Single Market, other than that all we get are vague promises that he will get a better deal.

Voting Labour will not stop Brexit and Corbyn cannot get a better deal.

Our Politicians are all bluff and bluster, on both sides.

Getting hard with the EU , as JRM and Co want is not going to change a thing.

Boris can criticise as much as he wants.

What is on the table is a Canada Deal, the same deal we will be looking for with all our future Trade Deals with other Countries,

There is no magic bullet, we will not change the World and get deals on Services

Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top