Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 08:34 PM

Do You Ever Give Your Hair A Hot Oil Treatment?

To avoid dry hair, l occasionally give my hair a hot oil treatment.

I warm a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil or virgin olive oil in a cup standing in a saucepan with boiling water.
I shampoo my hair first and apply the warm oil to my hair and and massage it into my scalp and through my hair to the ends.
I put a plastic cap on my head and either blow a warm hairdryer on it or leave it on my hair for hours! You can also cover your hair with a warm towel.

I shampoo it off and my hair feels so much better.

Have you ever tried this?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 08:50 PM

Re: Do You Ever Give Your Hair A Hot Oil Treatment?

What Im needing is a mask for my hair for every day use

I do use an oil treatment now and then when Im doing a pampering afternoon

But what Im looking for is something I can put in my hair that is a barrier to atmospheric influences

Ive allowed myself to go grey and grey hair is very porous and collects impurities form the air. So my hair is frizzy and taking on a yellow hue so any advice on that Id be most appreciative
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
What Im needing is a mask for my hair for every day use

I do use an oil treatment now and then when Im doing a pampering afternoon

But what Im looking for is something I can put in my hair that is a barrier to atmospheric influences

Ive allowed myself to go grey and grey hair is very porous and collects impurities form the air. So my hair is frizzy and taking on a yellow hue so any advice on that Id be most appreciative
Missy, I can only think of, a cap to protect your hair whilst in the kitchen.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
To avoid dry hair, l occasionally give my hair a hot oil treatment.

I warm a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil or virgin olive oil in a cup standing in a saucepan with boiling water.
I shampoo my hair first and apply the warm oil to my hair and and massage it into my scalp and through my hair to the ends.
I put a plastic cap on my head and either blow a warm hairdryer on it or leave it on my hair for hours! You can also cover your hair with a warm towel.

I shampoo it off and my hair feels so much better.

Have you ever tried this?
I use almond or macadamia nut oil about once per month.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 09:06 PM

My hair's like wire wool now ... or the other kind of frizzy hair that nobody wants on their head.

I've used the oil treatment stuff but it made my feel lank and slick.
Completely wrong I know ... but I've tried it the other way around.
Oiled my hair an hour or so before washing .. and then it seems to protect it some from the shampoo stripping out too much of my natural oil. Wrong way around I know.
I've always had dry hair.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Missy, I can only think of, a cap to protect your hair whilst in the kitchen.
Im thinking myself thats the way Im going to have to go, only thats going to make my head melt

Luckily I can just about make a tiny pony tail so Im thinking of loads of leave in conditioner and tie it up

I shower the minute I walk in, just my hair is turning yellow lol
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 10:05 PM

I could swear someone mentioned a shampoo on here once that helped keep grey or silver hair .... less tarnished or discoloured and a truer silver?

I can't remember when or what it was called though.
Mel15
Nowhere

02-06-2018, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I could swear someone mentioned a shampoo on here once that helped keep grey or silver hair .... less tarnished or discoloured and a truer silver?

I can't remember when or what it was called though.
I have a silver shampoo but thats really just a shampoo with lost of blue dye in it to brighten the silver/grey

I need something that stops my hair sucking in atmospheric pollutants , turning my hair blondy yellow and feeling like straw
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 07:40 AM

I wash and condition my hair every day it's just part of my morning routine. I'm on a treadmill though because if I miss a single day it looks like straw.

I'm overdue for a hairdressing appointment right now too so it needs cutting which I have done usually about every eight weeks and darker lowlights that keeps me from looking totally grey.

I might give your hot oil suggestion a try Art.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 10:02 AM

Before my chemo I was happy with my hair, I washed and conditioned it every two or three days and didn’t have a problem. My hair thinned considerably with the chemo and I had to let it go grey. At this stage I had it cut short and it is very fluffy and dry. I’m not supposed to use any chemicals on my hair so I think the oil treatment may be worth a try Art, I don’t think I’ve got much to lose!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top