Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 08:22 AM

Re: Holiday scheme or scam?

Watch out for the 120 day time limit though Floydy...
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks mate. Last resort I think, but if we get there and they have all disappeared and there's no actual hotel running as a business anymore I reckon we'd be in with a chance with doing it this way.
Good luck anyway mate.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:58 PM

I almost forgot about this, so an update is called for I think to keep you in the picture.

We had our initial holiday on this scheme and returned home on Friday.
The resort in Tenerife itself was superb with my wife and myself enjoying our much needed vacation.

The hotel was adequate, though we did begin with a basement room(!) which I immediately got changed at reception for a second floor apartment instead. Nice and roomy with two balconies it was ideal for our needs.
Unfortunately there was a lot of building work on the premises which couldn't be avoided, although luckily we were situated at the other end of the complex so it didn't bother us too much. Also, we were out most of the time anyway.

Right, to the initial query I asked a year ago.
The team who spoke to us last time requested a meeting with us on Wednesday last week where they were very accommodating and pleased to see us again. I am pleased to say that they answered all of my questions, queries, rants and what not and duly realised that this time we were no pushover.
They did try to entice us with a "lifetime offer" which we flatly refused. My main sticking point to them saying that "No, we want our money's worth and all of our remaining holidays before we commit to any further 'time share' offers. They understood completely, were nevertheless disappointed but I'm sure respected us for our dogmatic stance we took by refusing their advances.

I wanted to clarify what we had to come for our remaining holidays and it turns out we have four weeks to take over the next four years - which is easily do-able. These week-long breaks can be taken when we like at a whole host of places; world wide destinations in a luxury apartment, self-catering to the value of £750 each (which will only cost us our flights). A number of cruises are also included, so that's also a possibility.

Next year we are looking at two separate weeks in the UK - so no flights necessary but some wonderful accommodation. The following year it will be Cyprus and we'll really push the boat out, so to speak with a top class hotel.

So at the end of the day - and all our worries - this turns out to be a pretty worthwhile scratchcard win I think.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 02:22 PM

Chuffed for you Floydy , well done . You took a chance and it worked .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 04:25 PM

Blimey Floydy, I was just reading all the posts for the first time, I must have missed this thread last year.

I so glad it worked out ok in the end. I think sometimes, we hear so many horror stories that we naturally assume we have been conned but it isn't always the case.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 04:50 PM

I'm glad it worked out in the end Floydy.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 07:06 PM

Pleased you are happy with your purchase Floydy. We have friends who had a time share in Playa de las Americas for many years, they were completely happy with it and when they had had enough they sold it. The only down side seemed to be the service charge which increased every year.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Blimey Floydy, I was just reading all the posts for the first time, I must have missed this thread last year.

I so glad it worked out ok in the end. I think sometimes, we hear so many horror stories that we naturally assume we have been conned but it isn't always the case.
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm glad it worked out in the end Floydy.
Originally Posted by susan m ->
Chuffed for you Floydy , well done . You took a chance and it worked .
Thanks all
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-06-2018, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Pleased you are happy with your purchase Floydy. We have friends who had a time share in Playa de las Americas for many years, they were completely happy with it and when they had had enough they sold it. The only down side seemed to be the service charge which increased every year.
Thanks Val.
The difference with this scheme is that it isn't confined to one place. There are many different holidays we can choose from for the other four weeks we have remaining.
We're definitely staying in the UK next year though to save on flights.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 11:16 PM

I'm pleased you enjoyed you holiday and it all worked out for you Floydy

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top