Join for free
Page 4 of 24 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 07:18 PM

Re: Should smoking be banned outside?

Yes yes and yes .
How many summer days are ruined by the fag ash brigade polluting the air outside !
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes yes and yes .
How many summer days are ruined by the fag ash brigade polluting the air outside !
Misery guts..........
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 08:12 PM

I am sick and tired of government dictating to me about smoking. If I choose to smoke, that's my business and no one else's.

IMO, there are only 2 places cigarettes should be disallowed: elevators and in hospital surgery.

Be careful what you tell other people what they can and can not do. Next, they will come after you.

How would you like it if, we spread the misery around. Boost the cost of a pint to 5 euro/glass and then let's tax grossly over-weight peoples food, say an extra 4 euro/piece of cake.

In the U.S., there are places where you can be turned down for renting an apt if you smoke. In California, it is illegal to smoke in any bar or restaurant, even on an outside patio. Also, in any public park. You might be the only person in that park, but it is still illegal. Some public beaches it is illegal to smoke.

There is a movement afoot to ban tobacco smoking EVERYWHERE in California, even in your own home or car.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 08:37 PM

Iam not a smoker,never have been , but a very dear friend is very highly strung and needs to have a smoke to calm herself ,When we used to go out, she would have a cigarette but would distance herself from me while she smoked.What right did I have to stop her enjoyment?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I am sick and tired of government dictating to me about smoking. If I choose to smoke, that's my business and no one else's.

IMO, there are only 2 places cigarettes should be disallowed: elevators and in hospital surgery.

Be careful what you tell other people what they can and can not do. Next, they will come after you.

How would you like it if, we spread the misery around. Boost the cost of a pint to 5 euro/glass and then let's tax grossly over-weight peoples food, say an extra 4 euro/piece of cake.

In the U.S., there are places where you can be turned down for renting an apt if you smoke. In California, it is illegal to smoke in any bar or restaurant, even on an outside patio. Also, in any public park. You might be the only person in that park, but it is still illegal. Some public beaches it is illegal to smoke.

There is a movement afoot to ban tobacco smoking EVERYWHERE in California, even in your own home or car.
In the uk too many people will not rent to smokers .
And believe it or not smokers also drink and are fat too!
Who wants their house stinking of cigarettes?
Smokers are without doubt the most selfish inconsiderate bunch never caring where their filthy smoke goes .
In ones hair on ones clothes and even over their own children.
And it a fact smokers smell .
They may not realise it but it's a fact .
And it does nothing for the teeth yuk !
Go out side any hospital and its festooned with cigarette butts
generally under the sign which say non smoking area .
Why should none smokers have to put up with this dirty habit ?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
In the uk too many people will not rent to smokers .
And believe it or not smokers also drink and are fat too!
Who wants their house stinking of cigarettes?
Smokers are without doubt the most selfish inconsiderate bunch never caring where their filthy smoke goes .
In ones hair on ones clothes and even over their own children.
And it a fact smokers smell .
They may not realise it but it's a fact .
And it does nothing for the teeth yuk !
Go out side any hospital and its festooned with cigarette butts
generally under the sign which say non smoking area .
Why should non-smokers put up with that ?

Simple. Because you have no right to control other people in the exercise of their legal rights.. There are dozens of things I don't like about other peoples behavior, but I don't try to force my views on them.

Example: I am extremely allergic to real perfume. Every time I get even a wiff of real perfume, I get violent headaches that last for hours. If I tried to tell my female employees to not wear perfume, I'd get sued and accused of gender harassment. So, I just keep well clear of them.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 06:35 AM

NSW has overcome the problem of people congregating outside doorways by banning smoking within 4 metres of a pedestrian entry or exit.

Smoking is banned in any outdoor commercial eating area, in railway stations, ferry wharfs, swimming pools, public sporting spectator areas whether indoor or outdoor.

It is illegal to smoke in a car (whether it belongs to you or not) where there is a child under 16 present.

Hopefully smoking is eventually going to be a thing of the past - you rarely see people smoking nowadays in public it is becoming an oddity. Addicts tend to carry on their addiction in their home, thank goodness. There is no safe level of secondhand cigarette smoke. Less than 15% of Australians smoke now.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 07:04 AM

No-one is allowed to smoke in my home - what they do in their own is up to them.

I eat out more now that people do not smoke in restaurants as I prefer my food untainted.

Our local bus shelter is used as a smoking den by children from the nearby school - so I no longer use it - even in winter - as I do not want to stink of smoke.

I will not stand next to or converse with anyone who is smoking.

All of the above are my choices. People who smoke must make their own and I believe - apart from it being impossible to police - banning smoking out of doors would be a step too far - and unreasonable!

People smoke for all sorts of reasons - including enjoyment - who am I to say they shouldn't? They know the health issues involved and are prepared to take the risk - their choice. I also know the health issues involved and take care to distance myself from smokers - my choice.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 07:23 AM

Hello S/T,..do you check out the chefs at the restaurant's, that you eat at?...or dont you mind if a chef smokes?..there are plenty who do,quick old puff outside the back of restaurant, i see it here,we have an Indian restaurant near,puts me right off when i see that,..just to add,it's not just the chef that smokes,just think about it,many different people work in a kitchen.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 09:36 AM

I have to say as a social outcast (smoker) it is changing the face of British culture ... the population is altogether getting whiter, sparklier teeth.

Pavements now are freer of stinky butts and the great fight against fags, stuck chewing gum, used condoms and empty crisps bags and dog poop is coming along in heaps and bounds... not to mention country roads now empty of the freshly delivered great heap of steaming fresh horse manure.

For a change .. I can now stand at the bus stop and savour the refreshing stink of noxious exhaust fumes instead .. which make my eyes sting on a hot summers days when they bake and create a moggy haze.
I hear, after obesity, that exhaust emissions and elevated pollution levels are one of the next major social health concerns.
I expect all motorists and those who jet around in planes lie awake at night struggling with their conscience.

Page 4 of 24 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top