Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 05:44 PM

Re: Crunch Time.

Hi

MPs should vote with the wishes of those who elected them.

That means a very tight vote tonight and tomorrow.

It is just a year ago that Theresa May threw away her majority by an unnecessary election.

Our Politicians have changed us into an International Laughing Stock.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 06:14 PM

Another big victory in Westminster for T M yet again.

Phillip Lee's pathetic attempt to sway the vote has backfired massively.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 10:23 AM

If individual MPs act according to the wishes of the majority of their constituents, that would be fair. If not, they should lose their right to vote on Brexit and, preferably, lose their seat.#29

Good suggestion.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 10:38 AM

https://www.legalcheek.com/2018/06/y...ght-directive/

Quote:“The days of communicating through gifs and memes, listening to our favourite remixes online or sharing videos of our friends singing at karaoke might be coming to an end.”

More controlling tactics.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Another big victory in Westminster for T M yet again.

Phillip Lee's pathetic attempt to sway the vote has backfired massively.

Really??? Battle has been joined, TM has not won the war.!!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8396351.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Really??? Battle has been joined, TM has not won the war.!!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8396351.html
Ah, the not exactly independent Independent!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:31 AM

Hi

One of the functions of Parliament is to keep Government under control, which is exactly what happened yesterday.

May had to make huge concessions.

It is important that Parliament has this right.

If May's preferred option had gone through it would have given the Government the right to agree any deal, from straight leaving to WTO Rules to paying the EU £50 Billion a year, with nothing that could be done about it.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 05:27 PM

What exactly are the motives of those treacherous Tory and Labour MP’s, who were elected by their constituents in the last General Election because they publicly and dishonestly stated that they would back the Brexit process in its entirety, out of the Customs Union, out of the Single Market out from under the cosh of the ECHR, regaining our Fishing waters and regaining control of our Borders.

As I see it, by choosing to side with those Ermine clad pieces of deadwood against their own parties and betraying the will of the people who believed in them by voting them into office, they are now treating them as totally insignificant now they have been elected.
They have as good as told those constituents ….I’ll take it from here now, you no longer matter. I don’t agree with what you want, I am now part of the London Bubble and can now vote how I wish to, with complete impunity.
A complete and utter betrayal.

So I ask again, what are the motives of those treacherous MP’s? They are currently cock-a-hoop over their supposed success in blackmailing Mrs Maybe into concessions - namely, if they are not happy in November on what she brings back from the EU, then they will set down motions for what she must do. Back she will go to Tusk, Barnier and Co with the amendments they want, What then, if TB & Co still don’t like what they are being asked and turn it down again!? Surely it will take too long to come back to first the Government then Parliament, then back to the EU????? Is this what they are hoping for?

Is this their way of trying to thwart Brexit? Of Course it is.

I certainly wouldn’t like to be in Mrs Maybe’s shoes at this time. Because of her weakness in not dealing with these traitors of democracy, she is being denied the opportunity to look those EU Mandarins in the eye and say No Deal! In fact, I believe she has been such a coward she has allowed herself to be well and truly kippered.

I despair of the woman. She deserves everything that is tipped over her head!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
What exactly are the motives of those treacherous Tory and Labour MP’s, who were elected by their constituents in the last General Election because they publicly and dishonestly stated that they would back the Brexit process in its entirety, out of the Customs Union, out of the Single Market out from under the cosh of the ECHR, regaining our Fishing waters and regaining control of our Borders.

As I see it, by choosing to side with those Ermine clad pieces of deadwood against their own parties and betraying the will of the people who believed in them by voting them into office, they are now treating them as totally insignificant now they have been elected.
They have as good as told those constituents ….I’ll take it from here now, you no longer matter. I don’t agree with what you want, I am now part of the London Bubble and can now vote how I wish to, with complete impunity.
A complete and utter betrayal.

So I ask again, what are the motives of those treacherous MP’s? They are currently cock-a-hoop over their supposed success in blackmailing Mrs Maybe into concessions - namely, if they are not happy in November on what she brings back from the EU, then they will set down motions for what she must do. Back she will go to Tusk, Barnier and Co with the amendments they want, What then, if TB & Co still don’t like what they are being asked and turn it down again!? Surely it will take too long to come back to first the Government then Parliament, then back to the EU????? Is this what they are hoping for?

Is this their way of trying to thwart Brexit? Of Course it is.

I certainly wouldn’t like to be in Mrs Maybe’s shoes at this time. Because of her weakness in not dealing with these traitors of democracy, she is being denied the opportunity to look those EU Mandarins in the eye and say No Deal! In fact, I believe she has been such a coward she has allowed herself to be well and truly kippered.

I despair of the woman. She deserves everything that is tipped over her head!
What a well-written article. I agree completely and should be very pleased to see this published in as many newspapers as possible.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What a well-written article. I agree completely and should be very pleased to see this published in as many newspapers as possible.
Shroppy always comes out with good articulate stuff......
I vote that she takes the place of TM.....

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top