Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 06:09 PM

Are You,

A routine person?...or do you just do things,as and when,it suits you?

Do you have a daily routine?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 06:21 PM

Re: Are You,

Yes Pauline,

Get up at 6am, wash, dress, come downstairs, take a blood test, do my Insulin, get my pills out, make a cup of tea, do breakfast for us both, wash up, tidy up, go on the computer to see if there are any messages, look at this forum, back downstairs, prepare all my vegetables for lunch time, then do the Housework or whatever chores I have to do. Lunch between 1pm and 1.30pm, then supper at 6.30pm, watch TV, then bed.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 06:22 PM

I try really hard to stay in a routine, it's the only way I can be sure everything gets done.

However I have the attention span of a goldfish and am easily distracted which usually means I get sidetracked and forget to complete the original task
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I try really hard to stay in a routine, it's the only way I can be sure everything gets done.

However I have the attention span of a goldfish and am easily distracted which usually means I get sidetracked and forget to complete the original task

Gosh Nicol, you could have been describing me there, except perhaps I would have said I have the attention span of a gnat.

I have a vague routine in the morning, very vague.
I let the dogs out in the garden first thing, and feed the wild birds while I'm out there.
Then when we go back in, I start getting the dogs breakfasts, and eventually, my own.
Then I usually shower.

After that, who knows what happens?
I'm very bad at starting something and getting side tracked, same as you. I might have half a dozen things half done before I remember what I was going to do in the first place. I get so annoyed with meself at times.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 06:52 PM

I bimble, I get out of bed when I need to go to the loo, my day is somewhat butterfly like, I flit and bimble my way around till it’s time to go to bed
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 07:04 PM

Even in retirement I very much have a routine, and I'm a creature of habit ......to my eternal shame...

Out of bed at five
Breakfast at six
Walk dogs at seven
Coffee at nine
Do chores and jobs
Lunch at twelve
Chores and jobs till two
Read or watch something until five
Tea at five
Shower
Read until eight
TV until nine
Bed at nine
Sleep until five

Repeat......
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 07:05 PM

I am a routine person. I hate it when something disrupts it.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 07:25 PM

EEK! No..hate the very word..I had to have a routine all of My working Life so now I just flutter around doing what I please when I please..there may come a time as I age when routine could come in handy,,,but not yet please
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 07:29 PM

I can't stand having a routine but I sort of have one.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 08:14 PM

Up at sevenish
Take dog for first walk
Coffee and first tablets
Watch telly, try and read some days old newspapers
Breakfast
Coffee (or tea) with second tablets
Wash and dress
Maybe wash up
Take dog for walk (either to park, or just a lengthy one)
Maybe go to the market, or a supermarket, or do housework/chores
Lunch
Give dog lunch
Watch Doctors
Take dog for walk
Chores, shopping, or whatever
Supper usually between 6-7
Feed dog
Watch Emmerdale, Corrie, whatever
Take dog for walk
And again just after 10
Bed

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top