Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 03:16 PM

Re: Do you have an ipad what do you use it for.

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Hi,people;apologies for the tardiness of my reply-'stuff' required attention.

Ok-very early this morning I drove my friend to hospital for an emergency scan [the b###dy ambulances were 'busy'] and as I sat in the waiting section,I tried the ideas you said...put in a made-up on the spot I.D.,then thought of a password,entered that - and the poxy thing then won't allow me to have the icons I want,rather than it allows,on the bar...it says the r/h side is for 'recently opened' apps and the l/h side is for 'stock' apps...but it won't let me have the icons I want,they have to be what IT allows....but on trying to type out a non-linear equation pertinent to fluid mechanics,this 'super-wonderful latest,greatest' computer said "Yerwot?!?" and instantly froze. Which meant resetting the whole flippin' thing and starting again. What use is a computer that can't comprehend fairly basic formulaic equations nah - Linux rules,chaps 'n' chappettes!
I think you are too clever for us Pug
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 04:17 PM

Oh,FAR from it,Mags.
Erudition,education,natural abilities,affinities with mathematical formulae...all or any of which are as nothing,when one's faced with a non co-operative and somewhat 'my way,or the highway' item of computorial intransigence. Mayhap if Apple's executives had it explained to them in short,single-syllable words,that computorial science is a multi-disciplinary field,rather than a money-making in-house product,then this dashed machine would actually process fluidity algorythms without first demanding an ID that doesn't-and never has-existed. #sigh# I apologise,people. [I'll just shuffle back under my rock]
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 04:20 PM

Oh,FAR from it,Mags.
Erudition,education,natural abilities,affinities with mathematical formulae...all or any of which are as nothing,when one's faced with a non co-operative and somewhat 'my way,or the highway' item of computorial intransigence. Mayhap if Apple's executives had it explained to them in short,single-syllable words,that computorial science is a multi-disciplinary field,rather than a money-making in-house product,then this dashed machine would actually process fluidity algorythms without first demanding an ID that doesn't-and never has-existed. #sigh# I apologise,people. [I'll just shuffle back under my rock]
If you say so Pug, I'll take your word for it
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 04:49 PM

Again,Mags,I apologise.

[the day will never dawn that heralds my being any use at this 'social posting' stuff]

But I try...despite a total inability to appear 'normal',I keep trying
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 05:01 PM

Pugs , sorry to hear that the app you have bought doesn’t work, ask Apple for a refund or the developers

And whilst I don’t have a clue when it comes to math equations and physics, I do understand the rest of what you say
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

16-06-2018, 06:26 PM

Again,Mags,I apologise.

[the day will never dawn that heralds my being any use at this 'social posting' stuff]

But I try...despite a total inability to appear 'normal',I keep trying
No need to apologise Pug, you keep our brains exercised
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 06:47 PM

I have an iPad Air. I think it’s great!
Luckily, there was an 8 week course available locally to teach you how to use your iPad.
I attended that and learned things about my iPad, l didn’t know existed. We were also given paperwork for everything we learnt each week. I use this to refer to, at times when needed.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have an iPad Air. I think it’s great!
Luckily, there was an 8 week course available locally to teach you how to use your iPad.
I attended that and learned things about my iPad, l didn’t know existed. We were also given paperwork for everything we learnt each week. I use this to refer to, at times when needed.
That sounds good Art I have learnt using Youtube.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 01:54 PM

Those courses that Apple run at their stores for learning about its products and how to use them are really worth while. I attended a couple about my MacBook and found them useful.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

17-06-2018, 03:18 PM

Now,that may have beneficial effect,Ffosse-IF I didn't live on an island and if the nearest Apple Shop wasn't 46 miles away. HOWEVER,all is not lost-for last night was spent re-aligning and implanting a 7-section codec into the Apple biorythmic algorythm....ergo,that iPad has now become amenable to having Linux installed over the base o/s. It's loading atm,via a 'stand alone' HDD that I rescued form an old HP tower system,to use as a storage modem for 'in progress' equations etc,right here,right beside this Dell [which,one has to say,really has impressed me with it's speed,fluidity,and responsiveness-but that's by-the-by]....so,I'll let you know how it goes. [just don't tell Apple-they'll be less than impressed]

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top